Who would believe me......

Smitheh

That's the crux of the argument. Some see the trophies, some see the man. I respect Man U and Arsenal for different reasons. There is not one thing I respect or admire about Chelsea, and no-one I know does either. I don't want to be like Chelsea, I don't see how that is betraying the cause of wanting NUFC to win.

Ferguson's an absolute tool who pulls every trick in the book and Wenger's not much better tbh. I'd have them both here though. And a lot of the problem with people's percetpion of Chelsea is due to Abramovich's lolly imo.

Not wanting a winning manager syndrome. :panic:

It's called having principles. But seemingly you need to be prepared to abandon them to be a Toon fan

If you want a successful team principles have to go out the window.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mourinho may come out with some utterly stupid wankerish statements from time to time, but in my opinion its a clear tactic used to take away the focus from his players, which works brilliantly, and he's not the only successful manger to do this.

You probably have that opinion because he chose to reveal this fact to the press himself. He can't even do it without taking credit for the genius of his thinking.

That's the crux of the argument. Some see the trophies, some see the man. I respect Man U and Arsenal for different reasons. There is not one thing I respect or admire about Chelsea, and no-one I know does either. I don't want to be like Chelsea, I don't see how that is betraying the cause of wanting NUFC to win.

Ferguson's an absolute tool who pulls every trick in the book and Wenger's not much better tbh. I'd have them both here though. And a lot of the problem with people's percetpion of Chelsea is due to Abramovich's lolly imo.

It's called having principles. But seemingly you need to be prepared to abandon them to be a Toon fan

Why?

Anyone who wouldn't like Mourinho as our manager is an idiot, and more so based on something as silly as "he's a cock". And you know him personally? Jesus wept. Mourinho may say some disrespectful things and may appear arrogant but you don't achieve what he has by being a cock.

And even if he is, who would honestly give a damn? He doesn't beat people up, hasn't killed anyone or is some kind of scum.

What next...?

"Take those three points back Mr FA, that was never onside that winning goal from Martins"

Perhaps your last sentence reinforces the first few, I think one leads to the other. I presume you've never felt aggrieved at an injust decision that's went against us?

Mourinho may come out with some utterly stupid wankerish statements from time to time, but in my opinion its a clear tactic used to take away the focus from his players, which works brilliantly, and he's not the only successful manger to do this.

You probably have that opinion because he chose to reveal this fact to the press himself. He can't even do it without taking credit for the genius of his thinking.

and you know me from where ?? :panic:

Why?

Name me a team over the past few years who've won something and not been managed by an arrogant tosser?

Why?

Name me a team over the past few years who've won something and not been managed by an arrogant tosser?

Liverpool.

I don't even think Ferguson is arrogant beyond what his record deserves. Wenger is a sore loser and needs glasses, but he's not arrogant.

Steve, having principles are fine but when they clash with realism too much like yours...

Where do you draw the line BTW? You'll never get the perfect team managed by the perfect manager.

I'm hardly being an extremist here in my opinion, and from opinions when talking to mates/general randoms (obv. not internet randoms).

I would take Fergie, I wouldn't take Mourinho. I think he has pushed the limit too far and there is a clear difference between him and the rest if you're not blinded by the sparkle of trophies.

People have tried to generalise this, but all I ever said was I don't want Mourinho anywhere near this club, nothing more nothing less.

Steve, having principles are fine but when they clash with realism too much like yours...

Where do you draw the line BTW? You'll never get the perfect team managed by the perfect manager.

I'm hardly being an extremist here in my opinion, and from opinions when talking to mates/general randoms (obv. not internet randoms).

I would take Fergie, I wouldn't take Mourinho. I think he has pushed the limit too far and there is a clear difference between him and the rest if you're not blinded by the sparkle of trophies.

People have tried to generalise this, but all I ever said was I don't want Mourinho anywhere near this club, nothing more nothing less.

Aye, fair enough then and fair play to sticking to your guns/principles as well. Still think you're an idiot mad though :panic:

• 2 weeks later...

I don't view Arsenal fans or (true) ManU fans the same as Chelsea fans. I actually believe Toon fans are viewed in a different light by all other fans, but if that has to change for sucess, so be it,I'll find another club.

That is the most astounding post I have ever read

I personally would accept Hitler as manager with Phol Pott as his number 2 if we had the chance to become arrogant win-stuff all the time fans.

Nice guys come second (or 11th-15th in our case)

Immaterial anyway, ain't gonna happen sadly

Yay Godwin!

:)