Who would believe me......

Smitheh

Based on some of the posts here if we get Mourinhio then were gonna go down (no pun intended) as a bunch of pet fiddlers as well.

That should up our popularity :panic:

It worked for Roy "dog wanker" Keane

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We aren't all that well liked. FACT! The only time we were was under Keegan (and then to a much lesser extent under Robson) because of the style of football we played. The 'big four' think we're a joke as we sign 'trophy players' and pay Rolls Royce wages but still win nowt while others see us as thinking we have a devine right to win stuff because we think we're such great fans etc. That's the perception a lot of fans have of us.

They also think we're fickle boo boys.

Which we are alot of the time. Unfortunately at the moment this Roeder situation requires the fans to throw their toys out the pram and boo the team.

Some Newcastle fans deserve exactly what they get under Shepherd (I'm looking at you here SSH). A decent manager who's a decent bloke? That'll be lovely. We can finish in a decent position in the league, go on decent cup runs, and play decent football. Everything will be wonderfully decent, and our manager will come across in a decent fashion in his interviews. Who wants to win trophies if it might cause us to become slightly more arrogant as fans. Let's be the lovable losers instead.

Meanwhile the top managers who may have suspect personalities, but who are born winners will go elsewhere. I can barely wait.

Nicely put. I think people who say this sort of thing, and Vic said similar things on N-O and I classify him in the same way, don't really care that much about NUFC. I'm not saying I'm the bestest fan in the world or owt but I'd take Mourinho here in a heartbeat and I'd happily lose the dozens (if that isn't overestimating it a bit) mongs who place maintaining some sort of weird (and imaginary) moral code higher than winning things. I mean it's not as though we haven't had wankers who've managed and played for us in the past anyway. It just so happens they didn't bring success.

The whole notion that we are somehow better than other fans like Chelsea's and that winning trophies with an arrogant manager in charge would spoil this is flawed anyway. As a collective, we probably would become less liked because of envy, but as an individual, what do I care? I'd still be the same person, but I'd be enjoying match days, and I'd be supporting a successful football team - everything to gain, nothing to lose. The perception that outsiders would have of Newcastle as a team or a set of fans would be of no concern to me (I'm not even convinced we're all that well liked anyway) - like you say, anyone that cares more about that than they do about the successes we have as a club obviously values the romantic notion of being an NUFC supporter more than what really matters - being a successful football team. Losers' mentality.

If you care about winning so much, why support Newcastle? I know you're not over 50. You know you're not supporting NUFC for the glory, so why would you do anything for success? How far does it go? Would you see Freddy start another Bosman type case just so we could keep Micheal Owen and win the Prem, even if it meant changing the international game forever? What price a trophy?

I want to win as much as any fan, but I can see that Mourihno has changed Chelsea for the worse in all other respects other than how many trophies they have. And everyone can stop making out this is support for a nice guy over a winner, it's not. It is possible to have a manager who is both. If you want to support a team that cheats their way to success, so be it. If you want a manager that doesn't even acknowledge that footaball is a 2 team game, fine. If you want a team that is no doubt despised by everyone else in the country, that's fine. That's not competition in my book. That's not respect in my book. Success without respect is a hollow victory.

Some Newcastle fans deserve exactly what they get under Shepherd (I'm looking at you here SSH). A decent manager who's a decent bloke? That'll be lovely. We can finish in a decent position in the league, go on decent cup runs, and play decent football. Everything will be wonderfully decent, and our manager will come across in a decent fashion in his interviews. Who wants to win trophies if it might cause us to become slightly more arrogant as fans. Let's be the lovable losers instead.

Meanwhile the top managers who may have suspect personalities, but who are born winners will go elsewhere. I can barely wait.

Nicely put. I think people who say this sort of thing, and Vic said similar things on N-O and I classify him in the same way, don't really care that much about NUFC. I'm not saying I'm the bestest fan in the world or owt but I'd take Mourinho here in a heartbeat and I'd happily lose the dozens (if that isn't overestimating it a bit) mongs who place maintaining some sort of weird (and imaginary) moral code higher than winning things. I mean it's not as though we haven't had wankers who've managed and played for us in the past anyway. It just so happens they didn't bring success.

The whole notion that we are somehow better than other fans like Chelsea's and that winning trophies with an arrogant manager in charge would spoil this is flawed anyway. As a collective, we probably would become less liked because of envy, but as an individual, what do I care? I'd still be the same person, but I'd be enjoying match days, and I'd be supporting a successful football team - everything to gain, nothing to lose. The perception that outsiders would have of Newcastle as a team or a set of fans would be of no concern to me (I'm not even convinced we're all that well liked anyway) - like you say, anyone that cares more about that than they do about the successes we have as a club obviously values the romantic notion of being an NUFC supporter more than what really matters - being a successful football team. Losers' mentality.

If you care about winning so much, why support Newcastle? I know you're not over 50. You know you're not supporting NUFC for the glory, so why would you do anything for success? How far does it go? Would you see Freddy start another Bosman type case just so we could keep Micheal Owen and win the Prem, even if it meant changing the international game forever? What price a trophy?

I want to win as much as any fan, but I can see that Mourihno has changed Chelsea for the worse in all other respects other than how many trophies they have. And everyone can stop making out this is support for a nice guy over a winner, it's not. It is possible to have a manager who is both. If you want to support a team that cheats their way to success, so be it. If you want a manager that doesn't even acknowledge that footaball is a 2 team game, fine. If you want a team that is no doubt despised by everyone else in the country, that's fine. That's not competition in my book. That's not respect in my book. Success without respect is a hollow victory.

But your argument is total bullshit because they don't have "success without respect". I respect massively what Mourinho has done, and I respect the relentless way in which they just grind out victories no matter what on the way to successive titles. The success without respect thing is all in your head and stems from people who are jealous of their achievements trying to sour what Mourinho has achieved.

As for why do I support Newcastle - because they're my local team, but I would have thought all of us support them in the hope that they'll one day become successful. If that success upsets some romantic view you have of how we're perceived by others, then so be it. Do you think Chelsea fans give a fuck how they're perceived in the wake of their successive championships? Only losers worry about stuff like that.

Guest alex

I care about Newcastle winning, is that so difficult to work out? :panic: And Mourihno has changed Chelsea for the worse? Righto.

That's the crux of the argument. Some see the trophies, some see the man. I respect Man U and Arsenal for different reasons. There is not one thing I respect or admire about Chelsea, and no-one I know does either. I don't want to be like Chelsea, I don't see how that is betraying the cause of wanting NUFC to win.

Guest alex

That's the crux of the argument. Some see the trophies, some see the man. I respect Man U and Arsenal for different reasons. There is not one thing I respect or admire about Chelsea, and no-one I know does either. I don't want to be like Chelsea, I don't see how that is betraying the cause of wanting NUFC to win.

Ferguson's an absolute tool who pulls every trick in the book and Wenger's not much better tbh. I'd have them both here though. And a lot of the problem with people's percetpion of Chelsea is due to Abramovich's lolly imo.

Ferguson's an absolute tool who pulls every trick in the book and Wenger's not much better tbh. I'd have them both here though. And a lot of the problem with people's percetpion of Chelsea is due to Abramovich's lolly imo.

Neither are anywhere near as bad as Mourinho. Can you imagine Mourinho giving the post match interview after AC Milan? He can not accept defeat without pulling out some obscure bit of the match that went against him. He takes victim hood to a new level. He would make an ideal Liverpool manager actually. Lest anyone remember, this man is responsible for a respected international referee retiring after death threats.

Guest alex

Neither are anywhere near as bad as Mourinho. Can you imagine Mourinho giving the post match interview after AC Milan? He can not accept defeat without pulling out some obscure bit of the match that went against him. He takes victim hood to a new level. He would make an ideal Liverpool manager actually. Lest anyone remember, this man is responsible for a respected international referee retiring after death threats.

So, what is it you're saying? Is there some sort of cut-off point where all of a sudden someone is too much of a wanker to manage Newcastle in your eyes regardless of how good they are? Whatever tbh :panic: Btw: Fergie blamed tomorrow's match against Man City for losing against Milan.

Edited by alex

If you can't beat them, join them. The PL is full of wanker managers and players who cheat, but a lot of them win something. Honest cloggers will get you so far, but not very far.

So, what is it you're saying? Is there some sort of cut-off point where all of a sudden someone is too much of a wanker to manage Newcastle in your eyes regardless of how good they are? Whatever tbh :panic: Btw: Fergie blamed tomorrow's match against Man City for losing against Milan.

I think the difference is as clear as daylight, like he says, there's only one Jose. And I don't recall Fergie blaiming the defeat on Man City, he was implying he might get beat at City because of the AC match.

Guest alex

I think the difference is as clear as daylight, like he says, there's only one Jose. And I don't recall Fergie blaiming the defeat on Man City, he was implying he might get beat at City because of the AC match.

Like I said, whatever tbh.

:panic:

I was wondering about that, how much of a cock exactly are you allowed to be before its too much to be allowed the honour of managing NUFC without sullying our name! And its bollocks anyway, Fergie and Wenger are every bit as bad as Mourinho and there are countless examples of all 3 behaving like twats.

Fergie has devoted his entire career to pressurising refs and officials, the fa and anybody in his way. He's a spoilt, sulking little child and a bully, he's always used "mind game" which basically means talking shite and he's regularly used the media and his own players to tap up potential signings, and no manu fan gives a toss. Also on at least 2 occasions i've seen himr efuse to shake his opositte no.2 hand in a huff and as soon as any tv programme or channel dares comment about manu and he doesn't like it he blanks them.

As for Wenger he oversaw the worst disciplinary record in prem history for many seasons with red cards aplenty, yet whinged, moaned and sulked about it every time, or lied and said he hadn't seen it. Would SSH mind that at the mighty NUFC who are above such things. Also when Pardew simply celebrated a late goal for his team, Wenger spat the dummy and practically started a fight, thats the behaviour of a complete and utter prick, would that attitude not destroy the angelic NUFC we supposedly follow!

The fact is all 3 are identical, they're pricks, they behave like brats and they are all incredibly good at the job of building a succesful team, and all would be welcome here by any NUFC fan bar (as far as i can see), one!

Anyone who wouldn't like Mourinho as our manager is an idiot, and more so based on something as silly as "he's a cock". And you know him personally? Jesus wept. Mourinho may say some disrespectful things and may appear arrogant but you don't achieve what he has by being a cock.

And even if he is, who would honestly give a damn? He doesn't beat people up, hasn't killed anyone or is some kind of scum.

What next...?

"Take those three points back Mr FA, that was never onside that winning goal from Martins"

Mourinho may come out with some utterly stupid wankerish statements from time to time, but in my opinion its a clear tactic used to take away the focus from his players, which works brilliantly, and he's not the only successful manger to do this.

Mourinho may come out with some utterly stupid wankerish statements from time to time, but in my opinion its a clear tactic used to take away the focus from his players, which works brilliantly, and he's not the only successful manger to do this.

Sorry, but that is utter, utter bollocks. It's widely known that Drogba, Cole, and Robben are amongst the worst divers in the league, and that Chelsea are amongst the worst offenders at intimidating officials.

I'd like to add I'm nott against Mourinho managing us; just there are aspects that he could being to us that I wouldn't like, but I'd tolerate them if it meant winning stuff.

Not wanting a winning manager syndrome. :panic:

Not wanting a winning manager syndrome. :panic:

It's called having principles. But seemingly you need to be prepared to abandon them to be a Toon fan