slimey media

Womblemaster

Did you see the front page of the sun yesterday??

They were wallowingin the fact that we had signed owen, and ofcourse they took great delightin rubbing it in the face of the scousers (u recall the sun and scousers had a big falling out...)

However as we know the southern bastard press will be up to their usual tricks, they cant stand the idea of us Northerners doing well.

There will no doubt be some dirty trick coming our way in the next few months.

FF will have to stay clear of any brothels for a while!!

For the mo we seem to be the darling of sky sports tho. Someone high up in their ranks must be a closet toon fan )

Edited by Womblemaster

Did you see the front page of the sun yesterday??

They were wallowingin the fact that we had signed owen, and ofcourse they took great delightin rubbing it in the face of the scousers (u recall the sun and scousers had a big falling out...)

However as we know the southern bastard press will be up to their usual tricks, they cant stand the idea of us Northerners doing well.

There will no doubt be some dirty trick coming our way in the next few months.

FF will have to stay clear of any brothels for a while!!

For the mo we seem to be the darling of sky sports tho.  Someone high up in their ranks must be a closet toon fan )

26034[/snapback]

Is Vic Wakeling still there? Head of Sky Sports and a massive Newcastle fan.

i've read all the newspaper comment relating to the owen story and can't believe how much of it is so negative. there was always going to be some sour grapes among the southern press - we're not the most fashionable club in the world - but i didn't expect this much...

I expect the Daily Mail have probably penned a two page essay on why Owen is wrong to come here and predicting it to all end in tears.

26040[/snapback]

I'm sure one of their columnists already pulled this one either yesterday or the day before :lol: