England B -v- Albania

A low-key performance and no injury. Best case scenario for us imo.

If he'd rattled in ten, that would be more like a best case scenario.

I take your point though. :D

No, if he'd played a stormer and got a load of goals surely that would increase interest from clubs / the media trying to take him off us?

No, if he'd played a stormer and got a load of goals surely that would increase interest from clubs / the media trying to take him off us?

I agree, Owen was something of an unknown talent before last nights game. Shhhhh! :D

I agree, Owen was something of an unknown talent before last nights game. Shhhhh! :D

I can see where the Doctor is coming from. Of course clubs like Man Utd and Liverpool aren't going to base any decision about Owen on last night, but the twatful media would go into overdrive with 'Owen wants out' rumours if he'd had a better game.

I can see where the Doctor is coming from. Of course clubs like Man Utd and Liverpool aren't going to base any decision about Owen on last night, but the twatful media would go into overdrive with 'Owen wants out' rumours if he'd had a better game.

Nah I know mate and I agree for what it's worth.

Much of the media seem quick to say Owen looked sharp etc, but the bottom line is that Owen has played 450mins (ish) of football since his comeback and hasn't put the ball in the back of the net once.

Owen has always been a player that can go missing for 89 mins and then pull out a goal or two, so far he's not demonstrated that.

watched the match and Owen was huffing and puffing but didnt have the finish, there were far better players on the pitch than him.

Who had played for the full season and not back from a serious injury?

Shocking.