Allardyce to mimic Bolton methods

Paul

Sam Allardyce has revealed that he will use Bolton as the template in his bid to bring success to Tyneside.

Allardyce was renowned for innovative thinking at Bolton, using scientific techniques to keep players fit.

And having enabled Gary Speed and Ivan Campo to play well into their thirties, Allardyce will waste no time in installing his methods at Newcastle.

"To grow the backroom staff is going to be important in maintaining success," Allardyce told the Newcastle Ryder.

Allardyce believes that attention to detail will be crucial in re-establishing Newcastle as a genuine Premiership force.

"I don't know how the current United players live their lives now, but I'm sure they live very professionally," he said.

"But there are one or two things that we think are unique in what we developed over the past seven or eight years that have been extremely successfully for the Bolton players, no matter how young or old they are.

"The Gary Speeds of this world are testament to that - he's still playing a high level of Premiership football at 37.

"Some of the younger players like Kevin Nolan and Nicky Hunt have played at England Under-21 level.

"Then, of course, there are some of the foreign players we've brought in over the years where people have suggested they're mercenaries and only came for the big bucks and to take it easy.

"But the likes of Youri Djorkaeff, Fernando Hierro, Ivan Campo, El-Hadji Diouf and Nicolas Anelka have produced magnificent results.

"If I can get things in place - working with the players I've already got here at Newcastle - then it's only going to help them get better."

Story from BBC SPORT:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/sport1/hi...ted/6715243.stm

Published: 2007/06/02 14:33:43 GMT

© BBC MMVII

Sam Allardyce has revealed that he will use Bolton as the template in his bid to bring success to Tyneside.

Allardyce was renowned for innovative thinking at Bolton, using scientific techniques to keep players fit.

And having enabled Gary Speed and Ivan Campo to play well into their thirties, Allardyce will waste no time in installing his methods at Newcastle.

"To grow the backroom staff is going to be important in maintaining success," Allardyce told the Newcastle Ryder.

Allardyce believes that attention to detail will be crucial in re-establishing Newcastle as a genuine Premiership force.

"I don't know how the current United players live their lives now, but I'm sure they live very professionally," he said.

"But there are one or two things that we think are unique in what we developed over the past seven or eight years that have been extremely successfully for the Bolton players, no matter how young or old they are.

"The Gary Speeds of this world are testament to that - he's still playing a high level of Premiership football at 37.

"Some of the younger players like Kevin Nolan and Nicky Hunt have played at England Under-21 level.

"Then, of course, there are some of the foreign players we've brought in over the years where people have suggested they're mercenaries and only came for the big bucks and to take it easy.

"But the likes of Youri Djorkaeff, Fernando Hierro, Ivan Campo, El-Hadji Diouf and Nicolas Anelka have produced magnificent results.

"If I can get things in place - working with the players I've already got here at Newcastle - then it's only going to help them get better."

Story from BBC SPORT:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/sport1/hi...ted/6715243.stm

Published: 2007/06/02 14:33:43 GMT

© BBC MMVII

:lol:

I am all for big sams ideas but its gonna take more than one season to implement it all and from what i can gether he has been given just one season to prove himself, seems it might be a waste of time unless we take off straight away.