Woman wins Ginger pubes jibe tribunal

Jimbo

A waitress sexually taunted at work over her red hair has been awarded £17,618 compensation by an employment tribunal.

Sarah Primmer, 41, of Renown Street, Plymouth, suffered a series of lewd and embarrassing comments until she was sacked from the city's Rendezvous Cafe.

She claimed unfair dismissal and sexual harassment at the establishment.

The award was made against Mayflower Kebabs Ltd, Kemal Koyunco, Malik Aldogan and Laxtone Ltd.

The Exeter tribunal chairman, Christa Christensen, said the "regular sexual harassment and innuendo" suffered by Ms Primmer had affected her self-esteem.

During a six-month period last year Ms Primmer had been subjected to a series of inappropriate comments by the cafe's night manager.

The tribunal was told he had apparently translated his comments into Turkish for the benefit of other members of staff.

"They wanted to know if the colour of my hair matched the rest of my body," said Ms Primmer.

"They thought it was quite funny to laugh about - they do not see many people with red hair."

Sick note

The tribunal chairman described the harassment suffered by Ms Primmer as "denigrating, highly personal and demeaning".

Ms Primmer was dismissed from the cafe while off work. A doctor's sick note was not accepted by her employer.

Ms Primmer, who said she was "staggered" by the size of her award, intends to continue having her hair coloured.

She was so upset when she was sacked she spent £90 every three months to keep her hair straight and blonde.

"I am going to try and get it lighter and lighter, it is not nice to be ginger," she said after the hearing.

"I was teased about my red hair at school and called coppernob and Duracell, but no-one had mentioned the colour of my hair to me for years."

The respondents were not represented at the tribunal in Exeter.

Delete this before Gemill gets his peepers on it, he'll be suing us for millions, MILLIONS I TELLS YE :huh:

Its ok, I didn't post a picture.

Guest Toplass-101

I could have made a fortune, if I got a quid for every time ive been asked if my cuffs match.

Well do they you ginger witch?

"Ginger Witch" :blink: I like that, I'll tell ya for a quid.

I could have made a fortune, if I got a quid for every time ive been asked if my cuffs match.

Or show him for 2.

Guest Toplass-101

Or show him for 2.

;) aye 2k

Or show him for 2.

;) aye 2k

Send them to him in a matchbox for 3.

Guest Toplass-101

Or show him for 2.

;) aye 2k

This is true... My mates husband asked me for some, he goes fly fishing and makes his own flies, apparently ginger pubes have strong feremones which attract the fish. Anyways, they must still be working as me and my mates have all got freezers full of fresh trout.

Or show him for 2.

;) aye 2k

This is true... My mates husband asked me for some, he goes fly fishing and makes his own flies, apparently ginger pubes have strong feremones which attract the fish. Anyways, they must still be working as me and my mates have all got freezers full of fresh trout.

That paragraph is so wrong in so many ways.

Or show him for 2.

;) aye 2k

Well it's bound to get a little cold if you shave them off to order.

Or show him for 2.

;) aye 2k

:P Are you saying you have a fishy minge? :razz: