Torrents not starting

MattM4

Hi,

Tried to set up uTorrent on my sister's laptop, but when all set to go the torrents just sit there doing nothing, in red finding no seeds no nothing.

It doesnt seem to have anything to do with the connection/provider because I've tried it on another laptop we have and it works fine...

In uTorrent when I go to: "Options > Speed Guide > Test port if forwarded properly" ... It gives a red sign and indication things aren't working if that's any help.

Anyone know what is going on, and how to get things to work? :icon_lol:

Sounds like the ports arnt forwarded correctly - this basically means your torrent client cant connect to the net.

get the make and model of the router, the name of the torrent client and have a look here http://portforward.com/routers.htm and follow the instructions to setup.

You beat me to it Laz, agreed, that sounds like the problem.

Thanks

To my knowledge we're not even using a router... so I don't know where to start looking on that list of crazy names :icon_lol:

What's puzzling is that it works okay on another computer with a similar set up..

Thanks

To my knowledge we're not even using a router... so I don't know where to start looking on that list of crazy names :icon_lol:

What's puzzling is that it works okay on another computer with a similar set up..

what modem you using?