Places that are nice...

TheInspiration

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Might as well, as there's one for not so nice places.

Canterbury

Bristol

Bath

Nottingham

York

Exeter

Tunbridge Wells

Durham

:icon_lol: Most of Exeter is a shithole except for around the Quay and canal.

Newcastle :icon_lol:

Stratford upon avon

Broadway and Cotswolds villages in general, Upper and Lower Slaughters for example.

Loch Lommond

Devon (of course)! inc Dartmoor, Dartmouth and Salcombe, extremely beautiful scenerey there.

Bath.

Snowdonia

Hmm, well I think it's nice. Quite a lot of others do as well - maybe we've been less than you.

Have to admit I can't stand Snowdonia. It's got some nice mountains obviously but everything else there annoys me. Okay maybe I'm overreacting a bit due to some unpleasant memories of the place.

Might as well, as there's one for not so nice places.

Canterbury

Bristol

Bath

Nottingham

York

Exeter

Tunbridge Wells

Durham

:icon_lol: Most of Exeter is a shithole except for around the Quay and canal.

Newcastle :razz:

Stratford upon avon

Broadway and Cotswolds villages in general, Upper and Lower Slaughters for example.

Loch Lommond

Devon (of course)! inc Dartmoor, Dartmouth and Salcombe, extremely beautiful scenerey there.

Bath.

Snowdonia

Hmm, well I think it's nice. Quite a lot of others do as well - maybe we've been less than you.

Have to admit I can't stand Snowdonia. It's got some nice mountains obviously but everything else there annoys me. Okay maybe I'm overreacting a bit due to some unpleasant memories of the place.

Well thats fair enough, if you had a bad experience somewhere then no amount of beautiful scenery will make it wonderful I suppose! As for Exeter, yes obviously there are some decent places there, like the Cathedral for example, but so many parts of it are rough.....though maybe I'm over-reacting somewhat being a Torquay fan! :icon_lol:

I like it further west too, out by Buttermere and Crummock Water (and you get to go through Honister Pass). Grasmere is a lovely spot too and Coniston Water is great too. Beautiful part of the world. Bit crowded at times though.

I like all those places too but accomodation is expensive. The only place I haven't been to is Wasdale where there's some great climbing/walking apparently, but it must be at least an extra hour on the journey and there's only one hotel.

Wasdale and around that area is really nice, but I guess you'll struggle for accommodation unless you're site camping or wild camping (which is wonderful if the weather is nice).

Douglas

Peel

Castletown

Port Erin

:icon_lol:

Rusts your car though. :icon_lol: