Test Match Special

Dr Kenneth Noisewater

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be fair he laughed himself.............  and sold the mugs - they're collector's items IIRC

32116[/snapback]

Top bloke Gilo, underrated cricketer too. His knock yesterday was superb.

32117[/snapback]

I've always liked him and fans will miss him when he retires and theres nee bugger to replace him!

I remember Ritchie Benaud defendng him a while back pointing out he was one of the few englishmen to get 100 wickets and 1000 runs in test cricket.

We really do need to find another spinner or two and fast for the future of the test team.

Ringer coach, ringer opening batsman and 5th batsman tbh.

31796[/snapback]

Bitter Scot tbh

:icon_lol:

31954[/snapback]

Not the best team in the world until you go to India and Australia and win tbh.

Something thats got me thinking for a while, what are those numbers underneath the lions on the shirt?

It says 651 or something similar.

32171[/snapback]

It may be the number cap you were, so that the player with 651 is the six hundred and fifty first player to be capped by england.

31796[/snapback]

Bitter Scot tbh

31954[/snapback]

32167[/snapback]

I never said we were did I?

You haven't got to beat everyone home and away to be the best though. Even Australia haven't done that. In their last two series against India they've drawn at home and lost away but that doesn't mean they weren't the best team in the world. I agree we need to beat Australia over there to be considered the best but India are a different prospect. Generally, they are poor away and very strong at home so you don't necessarily have to beat them over there to be the best. Not that I particularly care either way since we've just won the Ashes outplaying the best team in the world tbh :angry:

Something thats got me thinking for a while, what are those numbers underneath the lions on the shirt?

It says 651 or something similar.

32171[/snapback]

It may be the number cap you were, so that the player with 651 is the six hundred and fifty first player to be capped by england.

32172[/snapback]

That is what it is.

Funny that he'll probably be better remembered for his batting yesterday (and through the series - not many runs but longggg occupation of the crease) than for  his bowling

32121[/snapback]

Bowled well throughout though, I reckon he got fired up after he heard Wellsy taking the piss out of him.

31796[/snapback]

Bitter Scot tbh

31954[/snapback]

32167[/snapback]

You haven't got to beat everyone home and away to be the best though. Even Australia haven't done that. In their last two series against India they've drawn at home and lost away but that doesn't mean they weren't the best team in the world. I agree we need to beat Australia over there to be considered the best but India are a different prospect. Generally, they are poor away and very strong at home so you don't necessarily have to beat them over there to be the best. Not that I particularly care either way since we've just won the Ashes outplaying the best team in the world tbh :angry:

32185[/snapback]

Neither did I.

31796[/snapback]

Bitter Scot tbh

31954[/snapback]

32167[/snapback]

32185[/snapback]

Neither did I.

32191[/snapback]

I never said you said we were the best.

Funny that he'll probably be better remembered for his batting yesterday (and through the series - not many runs but longggg occupation of the crease) than for  his bowling

32121[/snapback]

Bowled well throughout though, I reckon he got fired up after he heard Wellsy taking the piss out of him.

32188[/snapback]

His ball to dismiss Martyn at Old Trafford was a beaut. Pitched outside leg, spun past Martyn's foward prod and clipped the off stump. Shane Warne eat your heart out!

31796[/snapback]

Bitter Scot tbh

31954[/snapback]

32167[/snapback]

32185[/snapback]

Neither did I.

32191[/snapback]

32195[/snapback]

Wires crossed \o/

I never said you said England were the best tbh. But plenty of people are.

31796[/snapback]

Bitter Scot tbh

31954[/snapback]

32167[/snapback]

32185[/snapback]

Neither did I.

32191[/snapback]

32195[/snapback]

Wires crossed \o/

I never said you said England were the best tbh. But plenty of people are.

32225[/snapback]

Why did you quote me then? :angry:

Just enjoy your time near the top, with McGrath and Warne on the way out you'll probably be the best come 2007.

32261[/snapback]

I intend to, I remember all the years when we were absolutely gash.

Flintoff and Pietersen are both minging drunk.  Should be canny craic when they meet Tony and Cherie. :icon_lol:

32271[/snapback]

Where Tony will no doubt tell how he watched Ian Botham beat Don Bradman and WG Grace to win the Ashes back when he was a lad.... :angry:

Flintoff and Pietersen are both minging drunk.  Should be canny craic when they meet Tony and Cherie. :icon_lol:

32271[/snapback]

Where Tony will no doubt tell how he watched Ian Botham beat Don Bradman and WG Grace to win the Ashes back when he was a lad.... :angry:

32273[/snapback]

In Edinburgh :angry:

32271[/snapback]

32273[/snapback]

Someone's posted this on the SMB:

Magic, I hope they look under Cheries skirt to find a a dried up knackered old wicket. And put rabbits fingers behind his head on the arranged photograph of the occasion.

No celebrating sportsman should be allowed to be sober facing Tony and his cronies. KP and Freddy have it exactly right being mortal.

:angry:

Someone's posted this on the SMB:

Magic, I hope they look under Cheries skirt to find a a dried up knackered old wicket. And put rabbits fingers behind his head on the arranged photograph of the occasion.

No celebrating sportsman should be allowed to be sober facing Tony and his cronies. KP and Freddy have it exactly right being mortal.

32279[/snapback]

I always knew you were a closet Mackem.

ps. :angry: