Test Match Special

Dr Kenneth Noisewater

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm feeling more positive about this. They're still 20-odd behind at lunch on day 4. That leaves a maximum of five sessions to play. If the rain or light interferes anymore I can't see this being anything but a draw.

31457[/snapback]

well surely with 2 innings needed in little over day it would take a miracle to be anything other than a draw now wouldn't it? Or am i missing somehting?

I'm feeling more positive about this. They're still 20-odd behind at lunch on day 4. That leaves a maximum of five sessions to play. If the rain or light interferes anymore I can't see this being anything but a draw.

31457[/snapback]

well surely with 2 innings needed in little over day it would take a miracle to be anything other than a draw now wouldn't it? Or am i missing somehting?

31460[/snapback]

Well, there is still two thirds of today to play. The Aussies will be trying to score quickly in this session to build up a lead. Then they will hope Warne and McGrath can destroy us on a pitch which is becoming more favourable to the bowlers. If we make a poor second innings score, coupled to their first innings lead they could end up with a tiny total to aim at in their final innings.

Convicts all out still 6 behind!

Cool heads now required from our batsmen.

Decaying pitch, questionable light, the Crims will be looking for quick wickets.

This series is unbelievable, so unpredictable. The momentum swings one way then the other.

This could be very dodgy now despite an amazing effort from England.

Because these are ideal conditions to bowl in for seamers and Warne will cause problems as usual which will make it very hard to bat.

We have to hope the light is offered soon and off we go, because if the aussies bowl us out cheaply they will have plenty of time to bat tomorrow.

But if the england batsmen stick and do their job well, particularly Vaughan, Bell and Pietersen chipping in who knows!

I'm optimistic but really nervous about us being back into bat now. It was an immense effort from Flintoff today - the guy is something else, but now we have to hope that Warne doesn't rampage through our batsmen for the rest of today.

Oh my goodness. It's all too much........

Heres hoping for the rest of the day lost to bad light!

Not the ideal way to get the ashes but if it helps us to get them who gives a flying fuck!!!

Loved when the England fan were putting up umbrellas and suggesting it was bad weather so the aussies all took their shirts of as if it was a sunny day! And all the while people are chanting off, off, off and cheering umpires for suspending play!!!

This could be very dodgy now despite an amazing effort from England.

Because these are ideal conditions to bowl in for seamers and Warne will cause problems as usual which will make it very hard to bat.

We have to hope the light is offered soon and off we go, because if the aussies bowl us out cheaply they will have plenty of time to bat tomorrow.

But if the england batsmen stick and do their job well, particularly Vaughan, Bell and Pietersen chipping in who knows!

31475[/snapback]

England have always struggled when they haven't batted aggressively. This series has shown how good they can be when they attack the bowling. In the last match they reverted to the nervous approach when trying to get a small total to win, and nearly came a croper.

Now we have England with the mind-set of seeing out time. This, to me, will be their downfall. I just hope I'm wrong.

As they have said on the telly, now we have unbelievable intrigue - in an unbelievably intriguing series - when going off for bad light when the spinners are on!!! Terrible decision imo.

Just heard play to resume at 15:10. C'MON!!!!!

I've realised that I'm holding my breath every time they bowl to us, and somethimes for an entire over. If no-one hears from me after the end of play today, will someone come round and check I'm not unconscious on the sitting room floor?

Not the ideal way to get the ashes but if it helps us to get them who gives a flying fuck!!!

Loved when the England fan were putting up umbrellas and suggesting it was bad weather so the aussies all took their shirts of as if it was a sunny day! And all the while people are chanting off, off, off and cheering umpires for suspending play!!!

31490[/snapback]

It was fantastic to watch that. But there back on now.

I've realised that I'm holding my breath every time they bowl to us, and somethimes for an entire over.  If no-one hears from me after the end of play today, will someone come round and check I'm not unconscious on the sitting room floor?

31499[/snapback]

With Warne on this will not be enjoyable at all!

I can't believe we didn't lose any time at all as they took tea early!

I don't give a shit how we get the ashes i just want them so i'm praying for more bad light.

31490[/snapback]

As Slater said it's bizarre seeing people who have paid £60 for a ticket wanting to see nothing. :lol:

Well, off again for bad light, though for how long who knows. To be fair Vaughan and Treco were looking allright actually, still problems now and then as you'd expect, but some decent shots and cleverly rotating the left/right combination with singles.

The left/right combination is definitley one thing we have missed from Vaughan and Tresco opening together. With two lefties, it's easier for the opposition bowlers to settle into a rhythm.

Mind you, our record with the current pair at the top of the order is pretty rosy so I wouldn't worry about it too much!

The left/right combination is definitley one thing we have missed from Vaughan and Tresco opening together. With two lefties, it's easier for the opposition bowlers to settle into a rhythm.

Mind you, our record with the current pair at the top of the order is pretty rosy so I wouldn't worry about it too much!

31520[/snapback]

It does work well theres no doubt and throughout our batting we often have right and left working together depending on who is out.

Whereas we have caused the aussies left handers alot of problems and they have 4 of them.

This is a farce imo.

With the spinners on, there is no problem to play.

I am all for England winning the ashes but the game of cricket is losing credibility in my eyes when we can't play in these conditions.

Even if Warne and Clarke do destroy the English batting, so what? That's the beauty of the game.

We should be playing NOW and not hiding in the dressing room.