Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Rangers 7 - 2 Falkirk

Recommended Posts

Krul was in goal! :)


Rampant Rangers turned on the style at Ibrox to hammer Falkirk.


Daniel Cousin scrambled Rangers' first after 90 seconds and Steven Whittaker struck before Arnau Riera pulled one back before half-time.


Cousin slotted in his second before Graham Barrett replied with a neat finish for the visitors.


Kris Boyd blazed a shot high into the net and Jean-Claude Darcheville grabbed a brace, while Kirk Broadfoot completed the rout with a deflected strike.


Falkirk arrived at Ibrox with mixed emotions, having played well for most of the match against Celtic last weekend before losing heavily.


Manager John Hughes must have had a sense of deja vu when he saw his side passing the ball fluently for long periods of play only to see his team on the wrong end of a beating.


Whittaker made quite an impact in his Rangers debut, adding energy and aggression to the right side of midfield.


And the home team made a perfect start when Barry Ferguson's corner was met by Lee McCulloch, who hit the bar with his volley.


David Weir headed the rebound off the post and Cousin was on hand to nudge the ball over the line.


Russell Latapy was once again the architect of any creative play by Falkirk.


He continually made himself available for the pass whenever his team-mates were being pressed and in Thomas Scobbie he often found an outlet on the left.


Despite taking enjoying good possession, the Bairns found themselves two goals down.


McCulloch chested down for Ferguson on the edge of the box, who slipped the ball for the on-rushing Whittaker.


His low shot took a deflection off Kenny Milne and flew into the net.


Falkirk found a route to goal just before half-time and for once the play was direct.


Riera's magnificent 25-yard shot rifled into the top corner, ending Allan McGregor's 494 minutes without conceding a goal.


Early in the second half Ferguson's low cross from the right skimmed across the wet surface, Nacho Novo took a fresh-air strike, but Cousin was there to drill into the bottom corner.


Bairns sub Barrett brought his team right back into it with 72 minutes gone.


The Rangers defence was caught square and the striker drew McGregor off his line before coolly slotting home.


But just when it seemed Falkirk might snatch a point, Boyd spun on to a Cousin pass and blasted a shot high into the net.


Darcheville then bounded off the bench to grab a goal of his own with three minutes remaining.


Boyd's header came off the post and the Frenchman was on hand to stab home the rebound.


The former Bordeaux striker was on target again in the last minute, before fellow substitute Broadfoot grabbed a goal of his own in injury time.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds silly, but Rangers were a wee bit lucky. It was 4-2 in the last minute and at least 3 of the goals took big deflections. Krul has actually done alright in the past 2 games, pulled off some nice saves.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

Recent tweets

Toontastic Facebook

Donate to Toontastic

Keeping the lights on since... well ages ago