Sam hopes to sign Faye and Beye

Sever07

we could still do with someone attack minded in midfield. Our defence looks fine but we dont look too clever going forward at the minute. Its almost as if we have 4 defenders, 3 sweepers and 3 strikers with nothing in between.

what about nzogbia, barton, duff, emre or milner?

I worry that there won't be an attacking midfield signing because the style of play we seem to be employing relies more and more on the long ball.

BUT if we are to play the ball on the deck we have at our disposal; Smith, Emre, N'Zogbia, Barton, Barton (ish), Milner.

Now unfortunately not one of those have the invention nor vision of, say, Scholes. I reckon another midfield signing would be a good thing, if he were young, and showed promise in an area that is (to all intents and purposes) a luxury for our team. By that I mean, is it not a priority to fortify our defence, then build upon a strong forward line and resolute back line by adding guile and creativity to our midfield, next season?

I reckon Allardyce will be satisfied with shoring up the defence and providing a sturdy platform this window. The flair signings might well come in January after he's had a few months to take stock. I don't think he's adverse to signing a ball-playing midfielder despite the long-ball merchant reputation; Okocha and Djorkaeff did alright for him.