Wedding Groom Attire

Scottish Mag

Me and the best man just rented smart suits, not morning suits. We were then at the mercy of the bride who picked ours shirts and ties to colour co-ordinate with her - seeing as I wasn't allowed to see her dress beforehand. Tbf, this meant we saved a bit of money so the bride could have a nice dress, it is her day after all. :lol:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye, I was on best man duty recently and regular smart suits were the order of the day for us, too. The groom got a right earful in Moss Bros for daring to buck the tradition (and spend less money) though - "You do realise these are interview suits, sir?". Aye, 'cause you'd turn up to an average interview in a waistcoat.

Most people I know just bought nice suits, Paul Smith, Boss or similar as they'll actually wear them again. I reckon a kilt is fine though so long as you Scottish. I went to a one in Yorkshire where the brides brother and his lad were wearing kilts. I asked if the boyfriend of the brother was Scottish but no, they just really fancied wearing kilts. They looked lovely though to be fair :lol:

Morning Suit is the tits to be honest. You need to get one to fit perfectly though, so I understand not wanting to spend a lot on it, but it's not a bad investment at this time of our life ( 20's to late 30's) mainly because the majority of weddings will be happening around this time. Then of course you can flog it on eBay :lol:

Kilts can be striking, but as has been said, they're a little cliché these days.

Warning: Old man ranting alert!

As I get older, I get more and more exasperated at the expense that weddings seem to generate. A complete waste of money imo - and, on the most part, all to put on a show. Whatever happened to love being the most important thing? Why does the need to spend a fortune enter the equation?

I'm not sure how long it will be before miss hips informs me and mrs hips that she is getting wed, but I will try my best to get her to go to Gretna Green (or anywhere else) and come back married. I'd rather give her, what, £6k - £10k ? for money on a house deposit than put on a fancy show that will see people we can't stand turning up at and getting stuffed with fancy mushroom vaulavaunts (sp :lol: ) and expensive Blue Nun at my fucking expense!!!!

If you're not the best man, father of the bride or groom you'll look a tit in morning suit at a wedding imo.

I refer you to the title of the thread.

idiot boy :lol:

If you're not the best man, father of the bride or groom you'll look a tit in morning suit at a wedding imo.

idiot boy :lol:

"it's not a bad investment at this time of our life ( 20's to late 30's) mainly because the majority of weddings will be happening around this time."

What did that bit refer to then?

idiot boy :mellow:

"it's not a bad investment at this time of our life ( 20's to late 30's) mainly because the majority of weddings will be happening around this time."

Serial marriage - Fish's latest attempt to find a housemate who likes him. :lol:

Serial marriage - Fish's latest attempt to find a housemate who likes him. :lol:

Is it not possible to be the Best Man at a few weddings? Is it not feasible that the groom will wear a Morning Suit thereby setting the standard for others to follow?

Is it not possible to be the Best Man at a few weddings? Is it not feasible that the groom will wear a Morning Suit thereby setting the standard for others to follow?

To the former, in most cases, I'd say no. To the latter, you'd want matching morning suits presumably as they come in slightly different styles. I really don't see it as a good investment as such.

To the former, in most cases, I'd say no. To the latter, you'd want matching morning suits presumably as they come in slightly different styles. I really don't see it as a good investment as such.

then we agree to disagree :lol:

then we agree to disagree :mellow:

Of course, I'm forgetting you're a reet ponce :lol:

then we agree to disagree :mellow:

Of course, I'm forgetting you're a reet ponce :lol:

img_1582-ewe.jpg

mole_400.jpg

_41646622_est_getty.jpg

12724_2.jpg

I get the sheep molester bit but is the photo of you just you signing off?

:mellow:

it was ewe Mole esther chins

you molest urchins... :lol:

I get the sheep molester bit but is the photo of you just you signing off?

:P

it was ewe Mole esther chins

you molest urchins... :mellow:

Not so hot that one like. 10/10 for effort though :lol:

Having been privy to other creations of his frankly tortured mind, I actually wondered if he'd gone for ewe (you) in that first one, though I still had no idea where he was going with chins.

You've got to say though, the use of the first pic to represent anything other than 'sheep' in the context of 'molester'.....very sloppy. Schoolboy stuff from the Fish.