The goal you went maddest for?

Ketsbaia

Guest stevieintoon
I went mental over David Kelly's goal against Portsmouth, as did everyone that day, but I think Peacock's winner against Leicester the following week pips it.

Of course, as things turned out, it was the Portsmouth game and Kelly's goal that saw us safe, but we didn't know that at the time, and we went into the final game at Filbert Street still needing a win to guarantee safety. We got the win of course, but the results of the other games meant that we'd have been safe regardless.

But the whole atmosphere and the whole day down at Leicester is something that I've never experienced before or since. Those of you who went will know what I mean. It was almost absurd it was exciting and scary and funny and horrible and fantastic. The maddest day I can remember.

I know what ye mean Tom, it's very eas to patronise JCL's and younguns, but truly what you say is right. I would add that the last TWO away games of that season, were something no one will ever forget Derby away, the away before Leicester, should go down in our history as one of the most amazing afternoons we've ever had. Everyone that was at Derby that day would put it down as one o their favourite away days. To me it was the most glorious defeat in sporting history ever. See in them days as well, we didn't have jumped up little clueless wankers, people like me were the toon youth, the decline in support sickens me to the core.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i remember standing round the pitch at leicester just waiting and waiting it seemed like forever, i think i prefered those days to now tbh

Guest stevieintoon
i remember standing round the pitch at leicester just waiting and waiting it seemed like forever, i think i prefered those days to now tbh

Our fans are wankers now mate, ye just need to read this board, all posh cunts in duffle coats.

If we're mentioning international goals now... Shearer v Germany at Euro 2000 is definitely up there.

Maybe also Lampard vs France at E04, but that's a pretty sour memory overall.

Our fans are wankers now mate, ye just need to read this board, all posh cunts in duffle coats.

Fuck all wrong with a good duffle coat like, that's right Scotty boy, better than Ski Jacket any day. :unsure: