Lest we forget

luckyluke

I suggest you re-read what he said Fop.

I suggest you re-read what I said and what he said (and what he WANTS me to have said).

And lets be honest the one absolute factor proving I'm right in what I say here is you would have picked me up on it if I weren't. :icon_lol:

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll help you with "wrong"

It was the day that the nation came out to remember the horror of WW1 and the sacrifices made. The clue is in its title "remembrance day". And you said people had forgotten.

If people have forgotten, who were those people on my telly at the cenitaph?

Where did I say people had forgotten WW1? Or that people didn't remember those that had fallen?

Oh yes. No where at all, that has nothing to do with that I said.

Keep trying to peddle your bollocks by all mean though.

The "inflammatory" and "looking for a bite" follow from that blatant falsehood.

The non-existent falsehood you just MADE UP. :):rolleyes:

Now do us a favour and pipe down about it.

Oh aye I'm sure you'd like me to let you get away with :icon_lol: like that.

But if you are going to keep posting lies then it's more than fair enough for me to point them out.

I thought when we remembered the millions who died before their time the "true horror" of it all was inherent in that. You obviously don't think so. But that's where you're wrong see.

I suggest you re-read what I said and what he said (and what he WANTS me to have said).

And lets be honest the one absolute factor proving I'm right in what I say here is you would have picked me up on it if I weren't. :icon_lol:

He said:

"It was the day that the nation came out to remember the horror of WW1 and the sacrifices made. The clue is in its title "remembrance day". And you said people had forgotten."

Edited by alex

I thought when we remembered the millions who died before their time the "true horror" of it all was inherent in that. You obviously don't think so. But that's where you're wrong see.

As you're still trying to pretend I said something I didn't not (and build a strawman argument around your falsehood), how can I be wrong? :rolleyes:

And it was "utter horror" not "true horror" at least have some idea of what you're trying to lie about. :icon_lol:

As you're still trying to pretend I said something I didn't not (and build a strawman argument around your falsehood), how can I be wrong? :)

And it was "utter horror" not "true horror" at least have some idea of what you're trying to lie about. :icon_lol:

Freudian double negative?

:rolleyes:

He said:

"It was the day that the nation came out to remember the horror of WW1 and the sacrifices made. The clue is in its title "remembrance day". And you said people had forgotten."

Aye but that has nothing to do with what I said (just what he'd liked me to have said).

He also said:

If people have forgotten, who were those people on my telly at the cenitaph?

Which again has nothing to do with what I said, but tries to drag the whole issue off the rails into another issue entirely.

But as you've clearly decided that the issue has been completely derailed into something else enough for you to smell blood. :rolleyes:

Care to answer the ACTUAL issue of explaining how my comment was "inflammatory", "wrong" or "looking for a bite"?

As you're still trying to pretend I said something I didn't not (and build a strawman argument around your falsehood), how can I be wrong? :)

Freudian double negative?

:rolleyes:

And that's the best "argument" you've contributed to this thread, quite scarily. :rolleyes::)

Blatant case of sour grapes.

It's a good crack. :icon_lol:

(and care to answer the ACTUAL issue of explaining how my comment was "inflammatory", "wrong" or "looking for a bite"?)

Edited by Fop

Surely Fop's comment was that people (exactly who is debatable) had forgotten the true horrors of WW1, regardless of their 'participation' in Rememberance day ??

Rememberance Day is about remembering all servicemen, and women, who have died in conflict - not just in WW1, so Fop's comment could be accepted as being correct - in his opinion ?

People have already pretty much completely forgotten the utter horror of WW1. :icon_lol:

What did you mean by that then Fop? Serious question as it does need qualification I think. I mean, it doesn't make sense to me. Anyone who knows anything about it will undoubtedly (barring memory loss) remember what they have learned about it imo. Certainly lots and lots of people visit the sites of the battles, observe Remembrance Sunday, wear a poppy and so on.

It's a good crack. :icon_lol:

(and care to answer the ACTUAL issue of explaining how my comment was "inflammatory", "wrong" or "looking for a bite"?)

Hard to say if it was really. It was rather vague imo. The rest of the thread tells its own story however. IMHO, of course.

People have already pretty much completely forgotten the utter horror of WW1. :(

What did you mean by that then Fop? Serious question as it does need qualification I think. I mean, it doesn't make sense to me. Anyone who knows anything about it will undoubtedly (barring memory loss) remember what they have learned about it imo. Certainly lots and lots of people visit the sites of the battles, observe Remembrance Sunday, wear a poppy and so on.

I've already explained it, repeatedly.

RICO has at least half admitted it was just him being drunk and over reacting to nothing, it's just luckyluke and a few ghouls like happy face now trying to invent a non-existent issue.

But as I've said before there's nothing this board likes more than a moustachioed villain to mob, even if some have to invent one to do it. :)

People have already pretty much completely forgotten the utter horror of WW1. :(

RICO has at least half admitted it was just him being drunk and over reacting to nothing, it's just luckyluke and a few ghouls like happy face now trying to invent a non-existent issue.

But as I've said before there's nothing this board likes more than a moustachioed villain to mob, even if some have to invent one to do it. :)

I'm asking you though.

All I know about WWI is that Wilfred Owen's poetry didn't rhyme, a war crime in itself.

:)

I get the impression that we're not allowed to 'dis' Wilfred Owen's poems, as they were written during the horrors of WW1. The same way that we're not allowed to slag off auntie Betty's water colours as 'she's old'.

It's a good crack. :)

Hard to say if it was really.

Which I suspect is as close to an agreement with me as I'd ever get from you. (Be honest)

It was rather vague imo.

It's pretty specific in my mind what it's about when read in context of the thread and with the quoted text.

The rest of the thread tells its own story however. IMHO, of course.

Aye and what would you have said instead then? To someone falsely accusing you trying to stir up a fight on thread like this?

Edited by Fop

I'm asking you though.

And I'm saying I already have, just read it.

I remember 'having it out' once with renton over a WWII computer game which I felt was disrespectful. I was ready to put him through one of his handmade stained glass windows. He doesnt have a 'tache though for the record.

I remember 'having it out' once with renton over a WWII computer game which I felt was disrespectful. I was ready to put him through one of his handmade stained glass windows. He doesnt have a 'tache though for the record.

A slug balancer. [blackadder Goes Forth] :)

If you meant people don't know as much about WWI as previous generations I agree. It's the idea of 'forgetting' I can't agree with. I mean, you only forget something you already knew about, therefore I think to suggest 'forgetting' is to imply there are people who knew about that horror that took place but don't 'honour' the dead with 'remembrance', if you know what I mean. I.e. people are choosing to no longer remember. I don't think that is what you meant but I think it is perhaps that inference that got people upset.