N'Zogbia or Luque

LeazesMag

READ WHAT I SAID, i.e. for him to adjust FULLY. It took Petit that long at Arsenal and he turned out to be a sensational buy.

35758[/snapback]

take the rose tinted specs off....I think giving a 27 year old who cost 9.5 m quid a year to settle is a no no, he's a senior professional. He's not even a young player like Viana.

Luque didn't show much application for me, and that won't change however much it takes him to "settle". Time will tell.

The ultimate gamble IMO, by a manager who created a desperate situation for himself. Unfortunately it is 9.5 m quid of the clubs money if he doesn't and I only hope that if he doesn't, people don't demand fred to splash more cash and point the finger at the real culprit instead

35762[/snapback]

LM I don't know how you can accuse someone of wearing rose tinted specs for wanting to give a player more than one and a half games to prove themselves. Especially when you seem to be wearing blinkers brought on by your hatred of Souness.

35765[/snapback]

Gemmil. Say the name of a few dozen premiership players, how many would you want at Newcastle ? Are you judging them because of how you see them, or because they aren't playing for Newcastle. Isn't that a quick judgement too ?

Or would you see them differently if they played for Newcastle ? There is nothing wrong with making quick judgements if you know what you are lookign for in players.

Far be it for you to ever admit YOU are wrong about anything anyway mind .....

36014[/snapback]

Your first paragraph makes no sense.

As for the second paragraph - when you haven't given the player enough time to show that he has "what you are looking for" then there's quite a lot wrong with making quick judgements. The bloke's played a game and a half, FFS.

As for me admitting I'm wrong - I'm not wrong. You're talking shite borne out of your dislike of Souness.

36036[/snapback]

you've been talking shite for months saying Souness should be allowed to stay at Newcastle.....don't criticise Shepherd for not sacking him earlier, when he eventually does, as you are agreeing with shepherd now.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

READ WHAT I SAID, i.e. for him to adjust FULLY. It took Petit that long at Arsenal and he turned out to be a sensational buy.

35758[/snapback]

take the rose tinted specs off....I think giving a 27 year old who cost 9.5 m quid a year to settle is a no no, he's a senior professional. He's not even a young player like Viana.

Luque didn't show much application for me, and that won't change however much it takes him to "settle". Time will tell.

The ultimate gamble IMO, by a manager who created a desperate situation for himself. Unfortunately it is 9.5 m quid of the clubs money if he doesn't and I only hope that if he doesn't, people don't demand fred to splash more cash and point the finger at the real culprit instead

35762[/snapback]

LM I don't know how you can accuse someone of wearing rose tinted specs for wanting to give a player more than one and a half games to prove themselves. Especially when you seem to be wearing blinkers brought on by your hatred of Souness.

35765[/snapback]

Gemmil. Say the name of a few dozen premiership players, how many would you want at Newcastle ? Are you judging them because of how you see them, or because they aren't playing for Newcastle. Isn't that a quick judgement too ?

Or would you see them differently if they played for Newcastle ? There is nothing wrong with making quick judgements if you know what you are lookign for in players.

36014[/snapback]

As for the second paragraph - when you haven't given the player enough time to show that he has "what you are looking for" then there's quite a lot wrong with making quick judgements. The bloke's played a game and a half, FFS.

As for me admitting I'm wrong - I'm not wrong. You're talking shite borne out of your dislike of Souness.

36036[/snapback]

you've been talking shite for months saying Souness should be allowed to stay at Newcastle.....don't criticise Shepherd for not sacking him earlier, when he eventually does, as you are agreeing with shepherd now.

36167[/snapback]

You've completely lost me. What you on about? Shepherd what? I'm talking about judging Luque after less than two games mate. Fuck knows what you're talking about.

I'm sorry like, but you simply can't write him off after a game and quarter, just like we can't claim him as the answer to all our prayers after the same amount of time on the pitch. Amdy Faye had a cracking debut for us...

We're going to have to reserve judgement on him till he's got a few games under his belt, not one a bit.

36037[/snapback]

so who thought he was good after one game then ? Not me.

I'm sure some on this messsage board said we had made a great buy, even before he'd played a game .....

Once again, I am not writing Luque off. I just don't see every player that signs for Newcastle through rose tinted specs.

35758[/snapback]

35762[/snapback]

35765[/snapback]

36014[/snapback]

36036[/snapback]

36167[/snapback]

You've completely lost me. What you on about? Shepherd what? I'm talking about judging Luque after less than two games mate. Fuck knows what you're talking about.

36170[/snapback]

I think it's pretty obviuos....you've been talking shite defending Souness for months .......

35758[/snapback]

35762[/snapback]

35765[/snapback]

36014[/snapback]

36036[/snapback]

36167[/snapback]

36170[/snapback]

I think it's pretty obviuos....you've been talking shite defending Souness for months .......

36172[/snapback]

Are we still discussing the merits of judging a player after one game or have we moved onto random insults? Just so I know.

Is it not equally stupid to say "he'll be shite" as it is to say "he'll be brilliant" if all we are judging it on is one performance a couple of days after jetting in from overseas?

Ludicrous argument, lets wait til he's fit and he's played a few games before building up an opinion eh?

35758[/snapback]

35762[/snapback]

35765[/snapback]

36014[/snapback]

36036[/snapback]

36167[/snapback]

36170[/snapback]

36172[/snapback]

Are we still discussing the merits of judging a player after one game or have we moved onto random insults? Just so I know.

36173[/snapback]

random insults ? Do you have a selective memory, so far as I can see, you said I was talking shite first !

Do you ever admit to anything ?

Anyway, I haven't wrote him off, but I have said I am not convinced about Luque, yes after only a small look. Those of you who are saying how good he is after a small look are equally making a quick judgement.

I don't think there is anything wrong with a quick judgement, it depends what you are looking for, and some are better judges than others.

How many of you said Jenas, Kluivert and Viana would be top players as soon as they signed ? [an instant judgement, but the wrong, rose tinted spec one]. Even until almost the time they left in the case of the first two. How many of you said Ameobi would be Shearers replacement ? And don't lie, some of you know you did.

Time will tell. But I was right about Ameobi, Kluivert and Jeanarse to name 3.

And Bellamy being a top player when others simply churned out goal statistics.

35758[/snapback]

35762[/snapback]

35765[/snapback]

36014[/snapback]

36036[/snapback]

36167[/snapback]

36170[/snapback]

36172[/snapback]

36173[/snapback]

random insults ? Do you have a selective memory, so far as I can see, you said I was talking shite first !

Do you ever admit to anything ?

Anyway, I haven't wrote him off, but I have said I am not convinced about Luque, yes after only a small look. Those of you who are saying how good he is after a small look are equally making a quick judgement.

I don't think there is anything wrong with a quick judgement, it depends what you are looking for, and some are better judges than others.

How many of you said Jenas, Kluivert and Viana would be top players as soon as they signed ? [an instant judgement, but the wrong, rose tinted spec one]. Even until almost the time they left in the case of the first two. How many of you said Ameobi would be Shearers replacement ? And don't lie, some of you know you did.

Time will tell. But I was right about Ameobi, Kluivert and Jeanarse to name 3.

And Bellamy being a top player when others simply churned out goal statistics.

36180[/snapback]

I think making a judgement, good or bad, on a player after one game is too early. I can honestly say I didn't do that with any of the players you've mentioned in your post. .