N'Zogbia or Luque

LeazesMag

The reason they don't leave Spain is because they can't hack it.

I've seen nothing of Luque to suggest he is going to be any different.  I hope I am wrong....

35568[/snapback]

We don't know if they can/can't as the bes ones never come here, its a catch 22 really.

To be fair i think they don't come because they are happy where they are, with the league itself, the climate and the money there is good enough for the top players.

It may well be that on the whole they don't suit the prem but we haven't had enough examples to ever know.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The reason they don't leave Spain is because they can't hack it.

35568[/snapback]

Or maybe because they already play in the best league in the world? :razz:

35577[/snapback]

Shhhhh, don't you know the EPL is the best league in the world?

Problems with Luque:

1) He's foreign

2) Souness signed him

:razz:

35299[/snapback]

We will see, when Luque becomes a recluse in away games and N'Zogbia stands up and shows character .....

Why not say Owen or Chopra, i've seen about as much of Chopra in the prem as i have of Luque, so both are utterly pointless questions.

Until Luque is match fit, never mind just physically fit and has actually played and finished some games in the team and not just been thrown in against manu and then injured against Fulham, i'm not goign to be stupid or arrogant enough to be making any sort of opinion on the bloke.

Zog looks very good if at times raw and erratic and hopefully will develop into a top class player. Anybody who has an opinion of Luque in the premiership now has an entirely irrelivent opinion.

35276[/snapback]

howay man PL....I think Zoggy has all the makings of a top player, whereas Luque seems a bit, er, erratic,....thats all. Time will tell, and sometimes these things stand out straightaway, in this case maybe, maybe not.

35294[/snapback]

Its way to early to tell with Luque who hasn't come close to having a chance to show what he can (or can't) do yet, espeically when the likes of Henry and Pires took a whole season in a top class team to reach the right level!

I agree about Zog some of his touches, like the drag on the studs to fool Friedel and his freekick show the potential to be a genuine player and he combines it with a high tempo and energy and hoefully also will be a set piece taker of a high standard with time.

35300[/snapback]

I just think what he has shown us so far is that he is a totally different type of player to Luque. Luque will be inconsistent and lack bottle when the chips are down. Zoggy is much tougher, and has more heart and spirit in him. Very important. And whether you have played 90 games or 90 minutes, you can't change that.

Problems with Luque:

1) He's foreign

2) Souness signed him

:blink:

35299[/snapback]

We will see, when Luque becomes a recluse in away games and N'Zogbia stands up and shows character .....

35725[/snapback]

Funnily enough I'll wait until I've seen more than 120 minutes of him before passing judgement, it will probably take a season for him to adjust fully. Nice to see you've written him off already though :razz:

Problems with Luque:

1) He's foreign

2) Souness signed him

35299[/snapback]

35725[/snapback]

Funnily enough I'll wait until I've seen more than 120 minutes of him before passing judgement, it will probably take a season for him to adjust fully. Nice to see you've written him off already though :razz:

35754[/snapback]

A full season, for a 27 year old, that cost 9.5 m quid ??

You are joking, aren't you ?

Problems with Luque:

1) He's foreign

2) Souness signed him

35299[/snapback]

35725[/snapback]

35754[/snapback]

A full season, for a 27 year old, that cost 9.5 m quid ??

You are joking, aren't you ?

35756[/snapback]

READ WHAT I SAID, i.e. for him to adjust FULLY. It took Petit that long at Arsenal and he turned out to be a sensational buy.

READ WHAT I SAID, i.e. for him to adjust FULLY. It took Petit that long at Arsenal and he turned out to be a sensational buy.

35758[/snapback]

take the rose tinted specs off....I think giving a 27 year old who cost 9.5 m quid a year to settle is a no no, he's a senior professional. He's not even a young player like Viana.

Luque didn't show much application for me, and that won't change however much it takes him to "settle". Time will tell.

The ultimate gamble IMO, by a manager who created a desperate situation for himself. Unfortunately it is 9.5 m quid of the clubs money if he doesn't and I only hope that if he doesn't, people don't demand fred to splash more cash and point the finger at the real culprit instead

35758[/snapback]

take the rose tinted specs off....I think giving a 27 year old who cost 9.5 m quid a year to settle is a no no, he's a senior professional. He's not even a young player like Viana.

Luque didn't show much application for me, and that won't change however much it takes him to "settle". Time will tell.

The ultimate gamble IMO, by a manager who created a desperate situation for himself. Unfortunately it is 9.5 m quid of the clubs money if he doesn't and I only hope that if he doesn't, people don't demand fred to splash more cash and point the finger at the real culprit instead

35762[/snapback]

LM I don't know how you can accuse someone of wearing rose tinted specs for wanting to give a player more than one and a half games to prove themselves. Especially when you seem to be wearing blinkers brought on by your hatred of Souness.

35758[/snapback]

35762[/snapback]

How is not making a rash judgement about a player having a ‘rose-tinted’ view? If anything you’ve allowed your bias against the manager to colour your view of a player you've barely seen.

35758[/snapback]

35762[/snapback]

How is not making a rash judgement about a player having a ‘rose-tinted’ view? If anything you’ve allowed your bias against the manager to colour your view of a player you've barely seen.

35766[/snapback]

I think that I am being realistic, whereas I think you are wearing rose tinted specs, just because someone plays for Newcastle, is a foreigner and cost a big fee doesn;t mean he's brilliant........on the contrary look at some of the other big name foreigners .....

As I have already said Emre is good, so your point about me judging the manager is irrelevant, I will judge all players on how I find them.

Managers too. Souness is a twat and a shit manager, he can get the best players in the world playing for Newcastle and they would underachieve, and the next confrontation is always around the corner, because he's shit and an arse. We played shit on sunday, rescued by 2 supreme goalscorers. Good team - not.

Gone backwards since Souness came - still the case.

You don't need to see players for long to make a judgement sometimes, and I haven't written him off yet, just seen a few things that make me doubtful.

And - there is no way in the world you can say a 27 year old international who costs 9.5m quid can have a year to "adjust". For that money, at his age and experience, you have every right to demand quick and good, influential performances. Regularly too, in home games and away games. If you don't get it you should have bought someone else.

35758[/snapback]

35762[/snapback]

LM I don't know how you can accuse someone of wearing rose tinted specs for wanting to give a player more than one and a half games to prove themselves. Especially when you seem to be wearing blinkers brought on by your hatred of Souness.

35765[/snapback]

Gemmil. Say the name of a few dozen premiership players, how many would you want at Newcastle ? Are you judging them because of how you see them, or because they aren't playing for Newcastle. Isn't that a quick judgement too ?

Or would you see them differently if they played for Newcastle ? There is nothing wrong with making quick judgements if you know what you are lookign for in players.

Far be it for you to ever admit YOU are wrong about anything anyway mind .....

35758[/snapback]

35762[/snapback]

35765[/snapback]

Gemmil. Say the name of a few dozen premiership players, how many would you want at Newcastle ? Are you judging them because of how you see them, or because they aren't playing for Newcastle. Isn't that a quick judgement too ?

Or would you see them differently if they played for Newcastle ? There is nothing wrong with making quick judgements if you know what you are lookign for in players.

Far be it for you to ever admit YOU are wrong about anything anyway mind .....

36014[/snapback]

Your first paragraph makes no sense.

As for the second paragraph - when you haven't given the player enough time to show that he has "what you are looking for" then there's quite a lot wrong with making quick judgements. The bloke's played a game and a half, FFS.

As for me admitting I'm wrong - I'm not wrong. You're talking shite borne out of your dislike of Souness.

I'm sorry like, but you simply can't write him off after a game and quarter, just like we can't claim him as the answer to all our prayers after the same amount of time on the pitch. Amdy Faye had a cracking debut for us...

We're going to have to reserve judgement on him till he's got a few games under his belt, not one a bit.

Imagine if Pires hadn't been given a year to settle in ;)

36020[/snapback]

Or Henry

36062[/snapback]

A year?! Each of them would have been given 90 minutes by LM. Not a minute more!

36065[/snapback]

or Kluivert