Sam's best signing - Faye?

Big TRon

Allardyce hasn't made particularly bad signings, tbh, even though some believe he can do no right.

I wouldnt go as far as to say a particular signing was that bad, but I do think some of them are not doing the role he wanted them to. We know he likes players who can play in different positions and I think that can be smiths problem. Used anywhere, excels in none. Geremi has been nowhere close to what I think he can be, nor Barton. I like Beye and Feye. Rozenhal has looked ok at times in the centre but I thought an awful choice at RB. Cacapa has looked composed and strong at times. Prob with the whole back four though is they dont operate as a unit yet and its been changed so many times. Then Viduka who looks ok at times, and awful in others.

I would, Smith, Barton, Geremi and Viduka being 4 prime examples. You can bet all of them are on hefty contracts too

Smith - Bought for a large amount and played out of position. Not bad, just not showing his worth.

Barton - Gets away just for kicking Etuhu in the balls

Geremi - Aye, you have a point

Viduka - The type of player you build your front line around. I'm surprised he's got as many goals as he has playing in this uncreative side.

You see though, Ive seen Geremi play before for Chelsea and Boro and thought he was ok. He also looked good in pre-season. You dont suddenly become a bad player. but he has been shite for us.

Geremi - For the Toon I think he's been a disgrace, but I find it hard to believe a player can decline so quickly

Beye - Excellent, very impressive.

Faye - Very impressed so far.

Rozenhal - Impressive early on but is gradually looking like a very average defender.

Cacapa - Flashes of brilliance, flashes of Bramble.

Smith - A very ordinary striker, a very poor midfielder but will always give his all.

Enrique - Looks to have potential but too early to judge

Viduka - Knows what he wants to do but it seems his body can't do it, a world class eye for goal but the work ethic of a McDonalds trainee.

Barton - A huge risk interms of temprement, has looked deciededly poor on the pitch so far but doesn't seem 100% match fit since his preseason injury.

Geremi - For the Toon I think he's been a disgrace, but I find it hard to believe a player can decline so quickly

Beye - Excellent, very impressive.

Faye - Very impressed so far.

Rozenhal - Impressive early on but is gradually looking like a very average defender.

Cacapa - Flashes of brilliance, flashes of Bramble.

Smith - A very ordinary striker, a very poor midfielder but will always give his all.

Enrique - Looks to have potential but too early to judge

Viduka - Knows what he wants to do but it seems his body can't do it, a world class eye for goal but the work ethic of a McDonalds trainee.

Barton - A huge risk interms of temprement, has looked deciededly poor on the pitch so far but doesn't seem 100% match fit since his preseason injury.

Pretty much agree with most of that though iv never rated geremi, he's shit and always has been imo. And for smith well, ordinary??? no, underachiever yes!

Rozenhal is poor, but i think if BSA had stook with him instead of chopped and changed he would of built on his good start.

Allardyce hasn't made particularly bad signings, tbh, even though some believe he can do no right.

I agree. Even Rozenhal looks a good player trying to come to terms with the physical demands of the premier league. Not sure he will mind, but even some of Arsenal's and Man U's players took time to bed in.

I agree. Even Rozenhal looks a good player trying to come to terms with the physical demands of the premier league. Not sure he will mind, but even some of Arsenal's and Man U's players took time to bed in.

He should be moved into our midfield imho.