Man Utd's Silvestre: Right to reject Newcastle

khay

tribalfootball.com - January 08, 2008

Manchester United defender Mikael Silvestre admits he feels vindicated about rejecting a move to Newcastle in the summer over loyalty to good pal Ousmane Dabo.

Silvestre turned down the Toon move as he refused to consider playing with Joey Barton after his alleged clash with Dabo, when they were both with Manchester City.

Silvestre told the New York Times: "When I said I wouldn't go to Newcastle because of him, I was surprised by the reaction of people. But for me, it is normal to say what I think. He should not have been allowed to stay in the game for what he did.

"It's hard to make a judgment of someone like Barton, but he needs treatment," Silvestre said. "Now I know I made a good choice by not going there."

tribalfootball.com - January 08, 2008

Manchester United defender Mikael Silvestre admits he feels vindicated about rejecting a move to Newcastle in the summer over loyalty to good pal Ousmane Dabo.

Silvestre turned down the Toon move as he refused to consider playing with Joey Barton after his alleged clash with Dabo, when they were both with Manchester City.

Silvestre told the New York Times: "When I said I wouldn't go to Newcastle because of him, I was surprised by the reaction of people. But for me, it is normal to say what I think. He should not have been allowed to stay in the game for what he did.

"It's hard to make a judgment of someone like Barton, but he needs treatment," Silvestre said. "Now I know I made a good choice by not going there."

Okay fair enough morally you have a valid point. But kindly don't discuss our club from this day hence...otherwise prepare to be told to fuck off in no uncertain terms.