Stevie T's sending off

snakehips

Boumsong is total shite.  Says something when Titus is our best CB

35244[/snapback]

The only time he's looked really solid is alongside Titus last season when Bramble was playing out of his skin. Call me demanding but for the money we've paid, I expect a centre half to be decent in the air, Boumsong never wins a header unless he's marking a dwarf, as he was yesterday.

35252[/snapback]

He has to do better than he is, as currently Bramble and Taylor should eb the choice at CB but i suspect Souness won't have the balls/brains to do that and will shunt Taylor to RB if he wants to play all three.

35269[/snapback]

Souness dig quota maintained. :razz:

35272[/snapback]

:blink:

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

35244[/snapback]

The only time he's looked really solid is alongside Titus last season when Bramble was playing out of his skin. Call me demanding but for the money we've paid, I expect a centre half to be decent in the air, Boumsong never wins a header unless he's marking a dwarf, as he was yesterday.

35252[/snapback]

He has to do better than he is, as currently Bramble and Taylor should eb the choice at CB but i suspect Souness won't have the balls/brains to do that and will shunt Taylor to RB if he wants to play all three.

35269[/snapback]

35272[/snapback]

He'll be having a dig at Souness for handing out free signed shirts to disabled kids next tbh. :blink:

35244[/snapback]

35252[/snapback]

He has to do better than he is, as currently Bramble and Taylor should be the choice at CB but i suspect Souness won't have the balls/brains to do that and will shunt Taylor to RB if he wants to play all three.

35269[/snapback]

35272[/snapback]

Go on then disagree with it, tell me you honestly think he has the balls to drop his own £8m signing to play the other two centrebacks. Or find me another way to make the point that Taylor/Titus should be playing but won't be without mentioning the person who picks the team.

35244[/snapback]

35252[/snapback]

35269[/snapback]

35272[/snapback]

He'll be having a dig at Souness for handing out free signed shirts to disabled kids next tbh. :blink:

35281[/snapback]

Correct, he should have been with the players going over what they did right and wrong in the match not pissing about signing shirts for fans of the opposition FFS!!! :o

35244[/snapback]

35252[/snapback]

He has to do better than he is, as currently Bramble and Taylor should be the choice at CB but i suspect Souness won't have the balls/brains to do that and will shunt Taylor to RB if he wants to play all three.

35269[/snapback]

35272[/snapback]

Go on then disagree with it, tell me you honestly think he has the balls to drop his own £8m signing to play the other two centrebacks. Or find me another way to make the point that Taylor/Titus should be playing but won't be without mentioning the person who picks the team.

35282[/snapback]

I think he's so stupid and nasty and naughty and horrible icky and pukey and RAAAAAAAR I get angry just thinking about him and.........

Can I have a minute please? *sobs*

35244[/snapback]

35252[/snapback]

35269[/snapback]

35272[/snapback]

35282[/snapback]

I think he probably fancies a Bramble - Boumsong partnership with Taylor as 1st reserve (when both full backs are fit) and this did look solid last season. Whoever plays though, the partnership will need a bit of time to gel. If the two players can stay fit for a while that is, which seems unlikely given our luck.

35244[/snapback]

35252[/snapback]

35269[/snapback]

35272[/snapback]

35282[/snapback]

I think he's so stupid and nasty and naughty and horrible icky and pukey and RAAAAAAAR I get angry just thinking about him and.........

35286[/snapback]

I'll take that as you agreeing with me then, if you want a serious debate tell me otherwise, if not then i think he's satan incarante and is about to sacrifice all children under the age of 3 to bring about the apocalypse and end all life on this world as we know it.

35244[/snapback]

35252[/snapback]

35269[/snapback]

35272[/snapback]

35282[/snapback]

To be fair, we were over a barrell with that transfer fee. We were desperate to get someone in and were always gonna get shafted.

Having said that I'd rate him at nearer £800,000 than £8 million on his performances for us.

35244[/snapback]

35252[/snapback]

35269[/snapback]

35272[/snapback]

35282[/snapback]

I think he probably fancies a Bramble - Boumsong partnership with Taylor as 1st reserve (when both full backs are fit) and this did look solid last season. Whoever plays though, the partnership will need a bit of time to gel. If the two players can stay fit for a while that is, which seems unlikely given our luck.

35288[/snapback]

I think he probabl does as well. But like Bobby before him (see i can blame other managers too Gemmill) he will have his favourites and will pick against the young lads who cost nowt when it comes down to it. I want the two centrebacks in the best form to play together, at the moment its prob Titus by virtue of not having played! and Taylor overall this season has been better than Boumsong.

35244[/snapback]

35252[/snapback]

35269[/snapback]

35272[/snapback]

35282[/snapback]

To be fair, we were over a barrell with that transfer fee. We were desperate to get someone in and were always gonna get shafted.

Having said that I'd rate him at nearer £800,000 than £8 million on his performances for us.

35291[/snapback]

Definitley not £8m worth so far, though my issue isn't with the price itself as the fact he will (like some other managers) favour his big signing over a young lad who cost nowt to justify the signing rather than pick who's playing best.

I'm coming to the conclusion that none of our CBs are as good as we like to think. Boumsong's loss of form is alarming, Bramble will always make mistakes, and Taylor has the potential, but has yet to realise it.

Of course, they all look class compared to our two CBs. Basically our defence is in fact pretty shit.

35244[/snapback]

35252[/snapback]

35269[/snapback]

35272[/snapback]

35282[/snapback]

35286[/snapback]

I'll take that as you agreeing with me then, if you want a serious debate tell me otherwise, if not then i think he's satan incarante and is about to sacrifice all children under the age of 3 to bring about the apocalypse and end all life on this world as we know it.

35289[/snapback]

The serious answer is: last season Boumsong and Bramble looked to be forming a partnership. This season it's Boumsong and Taylor and both of them are making fairly regular errors, Boumsong more than Taylor. As to whether he'll drop Boumsong and play Taylor and Bramble, who knows? Maybe he will. It's not like Faye plays ever game, is it so I think saying he'll play him just because he paid big money for him is unfair and an unnecessary dig tbh.

I'm coming to the conclusion that none of our CBs are as good as we like to think. Boumsong's loss of form is alarming, Bramble will always make mistakes, and Taylor has the potential, but has yet to realise it.

Of course, they all look class compared to our two CBs. Basically our defence is in fact pretty shit.

35297[/snapback]

I have always backed Titus and think he is about to establish himself consistently as more than good enough at this level and the mistajke thing is just soemthign people will never let go even though i regularly see countless defenders doing worse and more often.

Taylor is a very young lad who until the last two games was held in high regardby almost everyone for his displays and suddenly people seem to have went off him. I think he again will definitely be good enough especially with time and experience when he cuts out a few daft challenges.

Boumsong, i'm not sure. He had that great spell with Titus when they gelled perfectly, but he's been up and down in his time here and needs to dominate more and clear things in the air alot better.

The serious answer is: last season Boumsong and Bramble looked to be forming a partnership. This season it's Boumsong and Taylor and both of them are making fairly regular errors, Boumsong more than Taylor. As to whether he'll drop Boumsong and play Taylor and Bramble, who knows? Maybe he will. It's not like Faye plays ever game, is it so I think saying he'll play him just because he paid big money for him is unfair and an unnecessary dig tbh.

See you can do it when you try :razz:

I agree, they looked good for a spell last season until injury unsuprisingly wrecked it for us.

I don't think Taylor has made loadsof errors until the last two games, but Boum has definitely not been the same player since the arse game.

And believe it or not as i wrote that i wasn't atually aiming for a delieberate dig at Souness in particular for once, it was a point i would accuse most managers of, they invariably favour their big buys over kids who cost nowt and its not good.

I agree, they looked good for a spell last season until injury unsuprisingly wrecked it for us.

I don't think Taylor has made loadsof errors until the last two games, but Boum has definitely not been the same player since the arse game.

And believe it or not as i wrote that i wasn't atually aiming for a delieberate dig at Souness in particular for once, it was a point i would accuse most managers of, they invariably favour their big buys over kids who cost nowt and its not good.

35307[/snapback]

You mean it's involuntary then? :blink:

35307[/snapback]

35313[/snapback]

A new strain of Tourette's I believe. :o

35307[/snapback]

35313[/snapback]

Its like tourettes, so i could just be talkign at random about something when i...fuck...souness..cunt...ruining the club...come out with a load of expletives.

I find it staggering to see anyone knocking Taylor. Yes he's made some mistakes and although he barely touched Bellamy yesterday the booking and thus sending was probably deserved.

But last season I can't think of a better player in our team at all and this season for most of the games he's been up there with Parker as our best player.

He got moved to right back (I think that's what Souness did against Fulham but the whole team seemed all over the place so it's anyones guess) and his performance suffered as did playing alongside Boumsong who couldn't do anything right yesterday.

But for a extremely young lad (which is what he is in Centre half terms) he's generally playing to an exceptionally high standard. He does make the wrong decision a little too often at the moment but that will come good with experience. Look how Ferdinand was playing at the same age and you will see a lot of similarities. I'm not saying he will become as good as Ferdinand no one can say that but I believe he has all of the attributes to eventually get into the England team if he progresses like he could.

I find it staggering to see anyone knocking Taylor.  Yes he's made some mistakes and although he barely touched Bellamy yesterday the booking and thus sending was probably deserved.

But last season I can't think of a better player in our team at all and this season for most of the games he's been up there with Parker as our best player.

He got moved to right back (I think that's what Souness did against Fulham but the whole team seemed all over the place so it's anyones guess) and his performance suffered as did playing alongside Boumsong who couldn't do anything right yesterday.

But for a extremely young lad (which is what he is in Centre half terms) he's generally playing to an exceptionally high standard.  He does make the wrong decision a little too often at the moment but that will come good with experience.  Look how Ferdinand was playing at the same age and you will see a lot of similarities.  I'm not saying he will become as good as Ferdinand no one can say that but I believe he has all of the attributes to eventually get into the England team if he progresses like he could.

35383[/snapback]

I'm not knocking him in fairness, I think he's a tryer. I just don't see anything in him to suggest that he's a particularly intelligent footballer.

I find it staggering to see anyone knocking Taylor.  Yes he's made some mistakes and although he barely touched Bellamy yesterday the booking and thus sending was probably deserved.

But for a extremely young lad (which is what he is in Centre half terms) he's generally playing to an exceptionally high standard.  He does make the wrong decision a little too often at the moment but that will come good with experience.  Look how Ferdinand was playing at the same age and you will see a lot of similarities.  I'm not saying he will become as good as Ferdinand no one can say that but I believe he has all of the attributes to eventually get into the England team if he progresses like he could.

35383[/snapback]

Agree, i've been really surprised how quick people have truned on him for a cuple of errors and a few yellow cards.

The lad has turned in alot of classy performances belying his years over last and this season and it wasn't long ago people werew all raving about him marking the likes of Henry and Pires out of the game to the point at which they began diving to cheat their way past him at St.james.

You can also see he has that streak of porfessionalism and cynicism present in teams like manu and the arse that is often lacking in our players. This isn't about his rash tackles he can cut down on, its about the clever/sneaky ones before the balla rrives, the subtle obstructions and the fact that he always without fail ensures if he's been fouled that he gets his freekick and furthermore tends to wait to see if acard is issued before getting up!

He does look like a bit tart when he does those theatrical dives though :razz:

35472[/snapback]

Perhaps, but it stopped Blackburn employing their usual thug tactics as the ref had stamped on it early thanks to taylor!

Also it was an awful chalenge and he had every right to go down for it, Neill is a brainless twat who devotes most of his time to injuring players, well lets be honest most of that team are.

He does look like a bit tart when he does those theatrical dives though :razz:

35472[/snapback]

Perhaps, but it stopped Blackburn employing their usual thug tactics as the ref had stamped on it early thanks to taylor!

Also it was an awful chalenge and he had every right to go down for it, Neill is a brainless twat who devotes most of his time to injuring players, well lets be honest most of that team are.

35476[/snapback]

I'm not against him diving, he just needs a bit of practice at it IMO :blink: