Stevie T's sending off

snakehips

See on Teletext he's blaming Bellamy for getting him sent off.

Says he (Bellamy) went down after being hardly touched.

Says, also, that Bellamy had previously told the referee to 'watch Taylor'.

Taylor doesn't seem to have much of an argument from what I saw on tv imo.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Taylor was treading on thin ice since he'd already been booked (which was more Boumsong's fault to be fair) and he had pulled Bellamy's shirt in an equally dangerous position just a few minutes before and got away without a booking.

35195[/snapback]

To be fair Taylor's gonna get sent off a lot during his career. Can't really hack it against the better forwards.

35195[/snapback]

To be fair Taylor's gonna get sent off a lot during his career. Can't really hack it against the better forwards.

35199[/snapback]

Or Bellamy, it would seem :razz:

The future England captain you mean? :razz: I think it's a bit early to tell whether Taylor will make it but I've been quite impressed with him in general. He does go to ground too often and he's always liable to make a rash challenge. Still learning though.

35195[/snapback]

35199[/snapback]

Or Bellamy, it would seem :blink:

35201[/snapback]

:razz:

Despite being a poisoned dwarf of the worst kind, I would actually class Bellamy as one of the better strikers in the league. Not for goal ratio (which will probably always be gash) but certainly for influence on a game. His running (pace and persistence) lets any team he's on determine the tempo of a game unless he's up against a top quality defender.

35195[/snapback]

That seems a bit silly, the replay showed a fairly obvious sly tug on Bellamy with similarly obvious intentions. If he then comes out and says different to what the replays show he'll get a reputation for being devious. And that will have an impact on how referees treat him on match day.

Also those coffee rings under his eyes do my head in. I wish people would stick a coaster down before they sit their mugs of tea on his face.

He needs a vitamin c shot and fast.

Edited by manc-mag

The future England captain you mean? :razz: I think it's a bit early to tell whether Taylor will make it but I've been quite impressed with him in general. He does go to ground too often and he's always liable to make a rash challenge. Still learning though.

35203[/snapback]

Can't fault his committment but I don't think he's got what it takes to become a truly top class defender.

Of course that's no impediment to him looking forward to a long career with the Toon. :blink:

Also those coffee rings under his eyes do my head in. I wish people would stick a coaster down before they sit their mugs of tea on his face.

35212[/snapback]

How do you get coffee rings from mugs of tea?

35212[/snapback]

35220[/snapback]

nit-picking tbh. :blink:

35212[/snapback]

35220[/snapback]

nit-picking tbh. :blink:

35226[/snapback]

I looked it up and you're right btw tbh jw :o

35212[/snapback]

:blink:

35220[/snapback]

nit-picking tbh. :o

35226[/snapback]

I looked it up and you're right btw tbh jw ;)

35233[/snapback]

Nerd!

Boumsong's confidence is suffering due to a bad run. He was good last season without ever really excelling. The jury's still out but writing him off now seems rash to me.

£8m = waste of money

£3m at best. People turn around and say "But he's a regular French international" The same people who don't even realise that France are rubbish now.

Boumsong is total shite.  Says something when Titus is our best CB

35244[/snapback]

The only time he's looked really solid is alongside Titus last season when Bramble was playing out of his skin. Call me demanding but for the money we've paid, I expect a centre half to be decent in the air, Boumsong never wins a header unless he's marking a dwarf, as he was yesterday.

Taylor was treading on thin ice since he'd already been booked (which was more Boumsong's fault to be fair) and he had pulled Bellamy's shirt in an equally dangerous position just a few minutes before and got away without a booking.

35198[/snapback]

Yeah, Boumsong cost him the first booking by making a mistake and Taylor had to chop Bellamy down.

But Taylor can have no complaints as like you say he'd already avoided a second booking and the ref will have said one more and you're off and he tugged Bellamy's shirt/shorts.

Good to see people in the thread already writing him off though, lets ignore the fact he's performed excellently pretty much since he got into the team at RB and CB and call him a liability for the last two games.

Yes he will have to cut down the yellow cards, though a few of them so far have resulted from team mates (both defence and midfield) dropping him in the shit. But thats what young players especially CB's do, they learn with experience.

35244[/snapback]

The only time he's looked really solid is alongside Titus last season when Bramble was playing out of his skin. Call me demanding but for the money we've paid, I expect a centre half to be decent in the air, Boumsong never wins a header unless he's marking a dwarf, as he was yesterday.

35252[/snapback]

He has to do better than he is, as currently Bramble and Taylor should eb the choice at CB but i suspect Souness won't have the balls/brains to do that and will shunt Taylor to RB if he wants to play all three.

35244[/snapback]

35252[/snapback]

He has to do better than he is, as currently Bramble and Taylor should eb the choice at CB but i suspect Souness won't have the balls/brains to do that and will shunt Taylor to RB if he wants to play all three.

35269[/snapback]

Souness dig quota maintained. :razz: