hahaha

wonitfivex

Anyone else hear the scousers on 5 live yesterday whining about everything again?

Funny as fuck when Nicky Campbell picked the bloke up on his hypocrisy watching Murdoch's sky but being all principled about not reading Murdoch's The Sun.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/noscript.shtml?...l_breakfast_fri

At about 2:17:00

"Dat's like............blaming....everyone that owns somethin' for somethin'"

:lol:

TBF the reason they won't read the Sun has got nothing to do with Murdoch.

The only one it has anything to do with is Kelvin Mckenzie, who left the Sun years ago though.

No-one at The Sun now was anything to do with their Hillsbrough coverage at the time. Mckenzie made the decision to go with the "The Truth" headline and story, and the only person above him is Murdoch (who's said that Mckenzie is his favourite editor that ever held the reigns at the sun).

Who are they punishing by not reading the Sun?

Oh I agree it was all McKenzie and he has nothing left to do with the Sun any more. Mud sticks though I guess and it is that reason (and nothing to do with Murdoch) why the won't read the paper.

As for Gerrard serialising his book in the NOTW, I think that's a disgrace tbh. Not least because the youngest victim of the Hillsborough disaster was his own cousin.

You should have heard this Scouser I know trying to justify it "It's not the same paper". No shit? It's the sister paper of The Sun though. I don't think it's that bad (Gerrard), it's just makes a mockery of the boycotting of The Sun imo.

As does watching Sky or reading the Times if you ask me. All the same company that stood by the editor.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone else hear the scousers on 5 live yesterday whining about everything again?

Funny as fuck when Nicky Campbell picked the bloke up on his hypocrisy watching Murdoch's sky but being all principled about not reading Murdoch's The Sun.

The only one it has anything to do with is Kelvin Mckenzie, who left the Sun years ago though.

No-one at The Sun now was anything to do with their Hillsbrough coverage at the time. Mckenzie made the decision to go with the "The Truth" headline and story, and the only person above him is Murdoch (who's said that Mckenzie is his favourite editor that ever held the reigns at the sun).

Oh I agree it was all McKenzie and he has nothing left to do with the Sun any more. Mud sticks though I guess and it is that reason (and nothing to do with Murdoch) why the won't read the paper.

As for Gerrard serialising his book in the NOTW, I think that's a disgrace tbh. Not least because the youngest victim of the Hillsborough disaster was his own cousin.

You should have heard this Scouser I know trying to justify it "It's not the same paper". No shit? It's the sister paper of The Sun though. I don't think it's that bad (Gerrard), it's just makes a mockery of the boycotting of The Sun imo.

As does watching Sky or reading the Times if you ask me. All the same company that stood by the editor.

I agree fwiw but the NoTW is directly linked to The Sun. I think the paper was utterly disgusting in its coverage of Hillsborough btw, that much goes without saying.

You see, I agree with Alex that The Sun and NOTW are the same. The NOTW is effectively The Sun's Sunday edition.

All Sky & The Times have in common with The Sun is the same media mogul owns them.

That's as bad as the Mackems refusing to buy their own shirts because they're made by Umbro of whom Mike Ashley had a controlling interest.

You see, I agree with Alex that The Sun and NOTW are the same. The NOTW is effectively The Sun's Sunday edition.

All Sky & The Times have in common with The Sun is the same media mogul owns them.

That's as bad as the Mackems refusing to buy their own shirts because they're made by Umbro of whom Mike Ashley had a controlling interest.

Didn't the Times editor resign because he was being pressured to run POV articles, or have I got that completely wrong?

I agree fwiw but the NoTW is directly linked to The Sun. I think the paper was utterly disgusting in its coverage of Hillsborough btw, that much goes without saying.

I totally agree.

I know certain members on here will think I am biased on the whole situation because Jo is a scouser. My views on the Sun and their coverage of Hillsborough were founded well before I met Jo however.

I still shudder at the fact that she should have been there - right in the middle of it. Her Dad and her had tickets for the match, in the Leppings Lane paddocks but her Dad couldn't get the time off work and she had to sell the tickets to a couple of friends. They went and were crushed but suffered no injuries as they weren't as far down as those seriously injured.

Sadly one of her mates out of the group of them who regularly went to the match was down at the front at Hillsborough and didn't stand a chance :lol:

Ok first off.Im not a Newcastle United fan but a football fan in general and i would just like to ask a question(with a good sensible response).

Ok crowd size apart.But what makes Newcastle United a big club?

I ask this because in terms of trophies won lots of other lesser teams have won just as much.

And in recent years although close you have not won anything.

Please can i have a sensible answer instead of a devensive back handed comment.

And in regards to the liverpool fan.It looks like thinks arnt goin to change and there's still only going to be one team that won the premier league at annfield....shame for you though it was Blackburn.

the crowd and the potential that comes with it, is what makes Newcastle a big club, one of the biggest.

What else do you think it should be based on ?

Teams that have won the trophies have been successful clubs, this is totally different to the size of the club. I wouldn't dispute that in terms of trophies [and league positon], clubs such as Oxford, Luton, Wimbledon and Coventry have been more successful in the 1980's particularly, but they certainly aren't bigger clubs.

Edited by LeazesMag

absolutely