Taylor: Bell got me red

Scottish Mag

CRAIG BELLAMY has been accused of getting former pal Steven Taylor sent off.

Taylor saw red for a pair of fouls on his old Toon team-mate as Newcastle cruised to a 3-0 win against Blackburn at Ewood Park on Sunday.

Geordies defender Taylor had no qualms with the first caution after clashing with the Rovers striker, who made a £5million summer move following a fall-out with Toon manager Graeme Souness.

But the teenage centre-back insists Bellamy’s play-acting forced referee Mike Riley into brandishing a second yellow 20 minutes from time to take the gloss off Newcastle’s first win of the season.

Taylor, 19, admitted: “I’ve no complaints about the first yellow card — but the second one was a joke.

“I hardly touched him and he went down.

“Bellamy definitely made a meal of it.

“He also tried to wind me up a bit during the game. But it’s nothing I’m not used to and I just tried to give a bit back.”

I agree. I also thought the one out wide where Savage asked for the second yellow was a dive.

But when he played for us a big plus was that he is an annoying little twat so it would be too much to condemn him now.

Theres no doubting a player like Bellamy is going to try and wind up and fool a young centreback during the match, its what he does.

However the sending off was down to Taylor (and Boumsong who cost him the first yellow with his error)

The first yellow was beyond question, he then fouled Bellamy and escaped a second yellow, and then fouled him again, the ref was always going to send him off when you consider he'd been booking half our team!

But since somebody mentioned Savage, he is a complete twat, a player who acts the hardman even though he's just plain dirty and then as soon as you go near him he's crying like a bairn and demanding refs send you off.

Tbh, I fail to see all the hype over Taylor. Few fans of other clubs have praised him. He is getting too many cards I feel, so he needs to tidy up his challenges. But he's only 19, and should become a top defender in years to come.

36246[/snapback]

I don't see much neither. Nowt to set him apart from Aaron Hughes at the same age anyway.

Hughes didn't get nowhere near as many cards neither.

Tbh, I fail to see all the hype over Taylor. Few fans of other clubs have praised him. He is getting too many cards I feel, so he needs to tidy up his challenges. But he's only 19, and should become a top defender in years to come.

36246[/snapback]

I don't see much neither. Nowt to set him apart from Aaron Hughes at the same age anyway.

36249[/snapback]

Apart from Taylor being bigger, stronger and better in the air.

36246[/snapback]

36249[/snapback]

36388[/snapback]

Not to mention better at tackling, more of a threat from set pieces and a greater willingness to take responsiblity for organising the back line

I can't believe some people are having a go at Taylor's ability/potential. He's got all the attributes to be a top defender but the same youthful cockiness that allows him to cope at this level is also causing him to make one or two mistakes. Once he gets his head right I feel we've got another Woodgate on our hands, complete with Herman Munster eyes. He's already better than quite a few of the first team defenders we've had on our books in recent tears (not that that's saying much). Any 18 year old relishing coming up against Alan Shearer in training has the mentality to succeed in my opinion. He'll be a collossus for us.

I can't believe some people are having a go at Taylor's ability/potential.  He's got all the attributes to be a top defender but the same youthful cockiness that allows him to cope at this level is also causing him to make one or two mistakes.  Once he gets his head right I feel we've got another Woodgate on our hands, complete with Herman Munster eyes.  He's already better than quite a few of the first team defenders we've had on our books in recent tears (not that that's saying much).  Any 18 year old relishing coming up against Alan Shearer in training has the mentality to succeed in my opinion.  He'll be a collossus for us.

36435[/snapback]

;):wacko::huh:

I can't believe some people are having a go at Taylor's ability/potential.  He's got all the attributes to be a top defender but the same youthful cockiness that allows him to cope at this level is also causing him to make one or two mistakes.  Once he gets his head right I feel we've got another Woodgate on our hands, complete with Herman Munster eyes.  He's already better than quite a few of the first team defenders we've had on our books in recent tears (not that that's saying much).  Any 18 year old relishing coming up against Alan Shearer in training has the mentality to succeed in my opinion.  He'll be a collossus for us.

36435[/snapback]

Agree, though i don't think he'll quite end up at Woodgates level as he is a genius, but he'll play alot more often!

36246[/snapback]

36249[/snapback]

36388[/snapback]

Bad discipline, lacks composure and slower

Maybe I should have said they equal each other out, their inconsistencies.

36246[/snapback]

36249[/snapback]

36388[/snapback]

Bad discipline, lacks composure and slower

Maybe I should have said they equal each other out, their inconsistencies.

36756[/snapback]

Yeah, especially seeing as you've actually set him apart even further now tbh (JOKE! btw)

First sign of madness tbh.

36796[/snapback]

Touch my son ;)

36799[/snapback]

Should you really be pimping your kids on this board!!! :lol:

36808[/snapback]

Probably not tbh

;)