Alan Shearer

LeazesMag

getting on my tits.

Why is he keep saying all we want is entertainment ?

its the same as when he has said in the past that we would rather win the FA Cup than the league ?

Generally Shearer has pissed me off over the last two weeks, refusing to say stuff when asked directly then going to the papers with "his side of things". The bloke is supposedly employed by the club as an ambassador, in that case he shouldnt be opening his mouth unless Ashleys said its ok.

*still love him like.... in a non gay way of course* :icon_lol:

He was quoted as saying Keegan would play kamikaze football. Well, it's not the best choice of words, but it's still preferable to the shite served up by Souness and Dalglish.

How would he describe that? Shitting-your-pants football?

Because it's true?

35,000 made more noise on Wednesday than any 50,000+ crowd has made all season at St James', just on the promise of a bit of spark being put on the pitch.

I don't think 35,000 expect to get past Arsenal and win the cup, but at least they know we won't set up to stop them playing.

Something we should realise is that though winning a trophy is important, having a team to be proud of is no small thing. Too many of us got complacent last time he was here. When Keegan walked away from, lots of people were saying he was too naive, too tactically dense etc. Well we've had half a dozen tactical geniuses since and only Robson came anywhere close to the heights of the Keegan years. So yes, I'll take that entertainment.

Something we should realise is that though winning a trophy is important, having a team to be proud of is no small thing. Too many of us got complacent last time he was here. When Keegan walked away from, lots of people were saying he was too naive, too tactically dense etc. Well we've had half a dozen tactical geniuses since and only Robson came anywhere close to the heights of the Keegan years. So yes, I'll take that entertainment.

You're playing fast and loose with the word genius there like.

Because it's true?

35,000 made more noise on Wednesday than any 50,000+ crowd has made all season at St James', just on the promise of a bit of spark being put on the pitch.

I don't think 35,000 expect to get past Arsenal and win the cup, but at least they know we won't set up to stop them playing.

Entertainment before winning ? Do you want that ?

Would you rather win the FA Cup than the League title ?

I honestly hate these quotes, or the inference of them. They are bollocks, they make us all look stupid.

Lets not over complicate this. Everybody wants to win and be entertained, but when it boils down to it, nobody can entertain all the time. Keegan will put his team together and set higher standards but he will want to be a winner, a real winner this time around.

Edited by LeazesMag

You're playing fast and loose with the word genius there like.

Ruud Gullitt invented the term sexy football didn't he? Genius.

Allardyce realised it was easy to watch the ball being launched into orbit if you were listening to the Bee Gees on your headset. Genius.

Well if Keegan's tactical naivety means he plays a standard 442 with players Zoggy and Milner where they belong... I can't wait.

Milner prefers it on the left according to BSA.

Because it's true?

I honestly hate these quotes, or the inference of them. They are bollocks, they make us all look stupid.

Lets not over complicate this. Everybody wants to win and be entertained, but when it boils down to it, nobody can entertain all the time. Keegan will put his team together and set higher standards but he will want to be a winner, a real winner this time around.

If I could go to the match and watch football of the quality Allardyce was giving us and it guaranteed a trophy in 3 years, or I could watch Keegans brand of football for 3 years and win nothing....I'd plump for Keegan.

Cup or league? I never heard anyone say that one. But I'd prefer the league.

Completely agree with your last paragraph.

Because it's true?

If I could go to the match and watch football of the quality Allardyce was giving us and it guaranteed a trophy in 3 years, or I could watch Keegans brand of football for 3 years and win nothing....I'd plump for Keegan.

Cup or league? I never heard anyone say that one. But I'd prefer the league.

Completely agree with your last paragraph.

Basically, I don't think the way Allardyce was setting out his teams would win trophies. I thought when he came here, he would have adapted his mindset and seen that. Maybe he would have done in time, but we'll never know, unless he goes somewhere else and shows he's learned from his mistake.

We could have won the FA Cup against Arsenal while playing a more negative style under Dalglish, and not a single person would have complained. I think if that had happened Dalglish would have stayed longer in the job and produced a more attractive team in the long run. To a degree, I don't think its possible not to entertain if you are winning.

Keegans approach is the best, simply because he quite rightly thinks that you have to have a go at winning games, home or away, and his style is such that talented footballers play to their potential. Thats not always gung-ho, I think he realises the value of having a good defence, his first signings for us first time around were Beresford, Venison and Bracewell, he is just positive minded.

When he signs a couple of forward players I expect the cockney journos to go on about the same old Keegan buying forwards when Newcastle need defenders, but quite a lot of supporters know the real problem with the team is the forward players. They should be able to see by now what has been blatantly obvious for the past 2 years, and so he'll be doing the right thing when it happens.

Winning trophies is all well and good, the situation Keegan has inherited though is a team struggling to avoid getting into a relegation scrap and playing football like condemned men. Let's start on getting back in Europe and watching a decent game first. There's only 4 clubs winning trophies at the moment anyway, the rest are just there to make the numbers up.