Greatest Premiership Goal?

Tooj

Seem to recall a fantastic goal scored by Beardsley or Cole at Lofthus Road. One of them flicked it over the defence and the other volleyed it home. I've got the tape so will see if I can get the facts right. Unless someone can corroboarate my memory?

Volley scored by Beardsley wasn't it? Sir Les missed a sitter for them at the death too I think.

I'll check it aahhht :icon_lol:

It was 93/94 I think.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Matt Le Tissier's against us at The Dell where he controlled it with his heel then dinked in over the defender's head and rolled it into the corner. Outstanding goal.

Aye, that was awesome :icon_lol: Scored a few corkers against us. Great goal against Blackburn from a mile out too at Ewood I think.

I loved that one he scored, against Wimbledon I think, were from the free-kick he just flicked it up and volleyed it in.

Great goal and the one against Blackburn was fucking amazing

Bawan knows his shit tbh.

The Blackburn goal has yet to be bettered imho. It was mid-run, completely deliberate, utterly unthinkable (it would not have even occured to any other player that it was within the realms of possibility) and the goalkeeper is Tim Flowers who is a big bastard and is practically on his line when he hits it. This and it's all of a million yards out so it's both a lob and a laces drive at the same time, it swerves in the air and hits the target at vitually the onlyspot that could result in a goal. Oh and just to repeat, it was completely deliberate-he had no time to think about it as he was being tracked-but somehow he still thought about it and I'm willing to bet that it's trajectory was absolutely identical to how Le Tis saw it in his head the all important second before it left his boot.

The beauty is you know it was deliberate too because of the type of goals he scored. Anyone else and you couldnt be criticised for saying 'hit and hope-got lucky/caught it sweetly' etc. None of that shit, this was of scene-for-scene identical beauty to how foresaw it in his less than beautiful head.

I'm passionate about this goal. All of the above sets it apart from any other spectacular split second strike from range/volley etc etc.

Seem to recall a fantastic goal scored by Beardsley or Cole at Lofthus Road. One of them flicked it over the defence and the other volleyed it home. I've got the tape so will see if I can get the facts right. Unless someone can corroboarate my memory?

Volley scored by Beardsley wasn't it? Sir Les missed a sitter for them at the death too I think.

I'll check it aahhht :nufc:

It was 93/94 I think.

Beardsley passed it to Cole on the edge of the box. Beardsley continued his run, Cole dinked it over the defence, Beardsley ran on and KAPOW it was in the back of the net. Nice.

Sir Les missed a fantastic chance with a header on 85 mins. He headed it straight at Hooper :icon_lol:

btw QPR had Peacock (Darren) as well as Ferdinand in their side.

Edited by snakehips

I remember Rob Lee scoring from 40 yards away to Coventry once. Merely a consolation at the time though

Me and my mate met Rob Lee a couple of days after that. We were a liitle bit star struck and my mate just repeated the line 'great goal at Coventry the other day Rob' about 40 times because he didn't know what else to say.

Remember Batty's lob from about 40 yards at SJP v. Wimbledon against Sullivan? I think it was just after Beckham done Sullivan from the half-way line at Selhurst Park.

Matt Le Tissier's against us at The Dell where he controlled it with his heel then dinked in over the defender's head and rolled it into the corner. Outstanding goal.

Aye, that was awesome :icon_lol: Scored a few corkers against us. Great goal against Blackburn from a mile out too at Ewood I think.

I loved that one he scored, against Wimbledon I think, were from the free-kick he just flicked it up and volleyed it in.

Great goal and the one against Blackburn was fucking amazing

Bawan knows his shit tbh.

The Blackburn goal has yet to be bettered imho. It was mid-run, completely deliberate, utterly unthinkable (it would not have even occured to any other player that it was within the realms of possibility) and the goalkeeper is Tim Flowers who is a big bastard and is practically on his line when he hits it. This and it's all of a million yards out so it's both a lob and a laces drive at the same time, it swerves in the air and hits the target at vitually the onlyspot that could result in a goal. Oh and just to repeat, it was completely deliberate-he had no time to think about it as he was being tracked-but somehow he still thought about it and I'm willing to bet that it's trajectory was absolutely identical to how Le Tis saw it in his head the all important second before it left his boot.

The beauty is you know it was deliberate too because of the type of goals he scored. Anyone else and you couldnt be criticised for saying 'hit and hope-got lucky/caught it sweetly' etc. None of that shit, this was of scene-for-scene identical beauty to how foresaw it in his less than beautiful head.

I'm passionate about this goal. All of the above sets it apart from any other spectacular split second strike from range/volley etc etc.

:nufc: Definitely meant it.

Remember Batty's lob from about 40 yards at SJP v. Wimbledon against Sullivan? I think it was just after Beckham done Sullivan from the half-way line at Selhurst Park.

Wimbledon really had some spectacular goals scored against them when you think about it.

Di Canio

Beckham

Batty

Atkinson

Guest Patrokles

I remember him saying he completely mis-hit the finish. Lucky sod. Having said that:

http://www.toontastic.net/board/index.php?...p;hl=le+tissier

:icon_lol::nufc:

edit: they removed it. Shit.

Edited by Patrokles

Wimbledon really had some spectacular goals scored against them when you think about it.

Di Canio

Beckham

Batty

Atkinson

Sad to see once successful clubs go to shit. Unless they're Wimbledon.

Ive got a Le Tiss dvd, cost like £1. Good viewing though. Scored some crackers.

Plus you can tell the ball was a lot heavier back then...

:icon_lol:

:huff:

It's a classic man :icon_lol:

Came a boxed set of three, one Gary Linekar, One Trevor Brooking and Le Tiss :nufc:

The production is so shite its unreal :angry:

:angry:

Came a boxed set of three, one Gary Linekar, One Trevor Brooking and Le Tiss :nufc:

The production is so shite its unreal :huff:

I meant the thing about the balls man. It was only the 90's. Back in the day, eh? :angry:

Shearer's home debut iirc?

I've got a Best of MOTD video from the 80's signed by Alan Wilkie. It doesn't get any better than that.

Anyone ever watched this before?

41mh5p6whmlss500er0.jpg

I managed to download it a while back, fucking class.

Shearer's home debut iirc?

Aye, I think you're right. Scored a free-kick late on. Just to remind people what the press are like (as thought that was necessary) they made a bit of thing around the time about Shearer not having scored yet for Newcastle 'from open play'. :icon_lol:

I've got a Best of MOTD video from the 80's signed by Alan Wilkie. It doesn't get any better than that.

41mh5p6whmlss500er0.jpg

Aye, on the wall in an optician's!!!!!! Get your fuckin' focus sorted bucko!

41mh5p6whmlss500er0.jpg

Aye, on the wall in an optician's!!!!!! Get your fuckin' focus sorted bucko!

:icon_lol::nufc::angry:

Genuine lol moment.

41mh5p6whmlss500er0.jpg

I hope it's clearer than the cover like.

What does that say, Watch of the Boy?

:angry:

The production is so shite its unreal :huff:

I meant the thing about the balls man. It was only the 90's. Back in the day, eh? :angry:

Well the ball did look heavy as fuck on these videos like :icon_lol:

When did you meet Wilkie like? He's a top bloke!

At a charidee night the season he retired. If I'm going to be honest he came across as a bit of an arrogant twat, he sat smoking those tiny cigars and going on about how he was the ref on Beckams profeesional debut and that he also sent Cantona off for the kung fu kick at Selhurst, despite not seeing the incident at all.

I won the video in the raffle. :icon_lol: