It dawned on me yesterday. My rant

richg

I get the impression there's a few fans knocking around who openly show that they're this new breed who lack patience, encourage the exact sort of support which the media are always taking the piss out of the Toon for and probably either weren't around when Keegan was last at the club or just believe everything they read from non-factual press articles.

Bang on.

The last thing we can be accused of as a failing is patience.

Loads of fans are dead impatient though.

Loads of fans are dumbasses as well. :puke:

No shit?

Guest Stevie
I get the impression there's a few fans knocking around who openly show that they're this new breed who lack patience, encourage the exact sort of support which the media are always taking the piss out of the Toon for and probably either weren't around when Keegan was last at the club or just believe everything they read from non-factual press articles.

Some truth in that, but I don't just think it's KBJ's. Personally I lost patience with Allardyce early on, I don't regret doing it neither.

Bang on.

What about all of those chanting Big Sam for England etc when we played Liverpool earlier on this season? Was that not impatience?

Guest Stevie
(I have to add I'm not a season ticket holder (I was), I live 18,000 miles away from SJP but still have to endure the bullshit)

You live in outer space? The furthest point away from the toon is 12,480 miles away. If you dug a hole down through the centre circle of SJP and kept going through the earths core and through the other side, you would come out in the South Pacific Ocean, about 200 miles south of New Zealand.

Just being pedantic. :puke: You in Buenos Aires like? Could well fancy going to the Superclasico at La Bombanera sometimes. Are English people treat well in Argentina, or are they still moaning about us sinking that ship?

(I have to add I'm not a season ticket holder (I was), I live 18,000 miles away from SJP but still have to endure the bullshit)

You live in outer space? The furthest point away from the toon is 12,480 miles away. If you dug a hole down through the centre circle of SJP and kept going through the earths core and through the other side, you would come out in the South Pacific Ocean, about 200 miles south of New Zealand.

Just being pedantic. :puke: You in Buenos Aires like? Could well fancy going to the Superclasico at La Bombanera sometimes. Are English people treat well in Argentina, or are they still moaning about us sinking that ship?

You make it sound like we accidentally left the tap running :D

You make it sound like we accidentally left the tap running :D

:D

Bang on.

What about all of those chanting Big Sam for England etc when we played Liverpool earlier on this season? Was that not impatience?

Turning up at a football match with a shirt on is just a ritual. Supporting a club is a whole other thing. There are people who post here and other places where that shines through. You probably know who they are better than me.

Keegan is genuine and not a wanker which beats most of the managers at the club in the past, however his reasoning for being the right man for the job is odd for me. I understand why Ashley did it, attractive football, bums on seats, cash flow. Is it progress?

Is he the best tactician? Was he the best manager we have seen here in the past 20 years? Bobby Robson turned a shit team to a respectable one very quickly when vastly more competitive than it was for Keegan. Keegan made some inspired transfers decisions in the 90's, so much so that I think that Beardsley was as instrumental as Keegan for our success.

The transfer market has changed so much, he said it himself. If there really is a genuine attempt to grow the club inward investment then I will be delighted because it's the only way forward. There was very little to excuse the decision to scrap the reserves. The failure to produce any homegrown talent is probably more down to idiots like Shepard. The appointment of Wise was deeply worrying, he maybe a really great bloke away from his public persona, but christ!!

Sorry this has already been discussed before no doubt......

At the end of the day i'm a shite supporter, If I sing/shout they don't hear me and I no longer pay any money to NUFC. I hope for all of you that genuinely support this club that we return to the good old days of attractive football, Monaco, Milan..........

Bloody hell I live closer to home than I thought, I just plucked 18,000 out of the air to be honest, bloody hyperbole! I was thinking in km’s as well, still way off! I live in Mendoza, wine country next to the Andes and I have bloody amazing weather!

The majority of Argentines are of the opinion that their government was vastly stupid with the Falklands, so much so that there is virtually no animosity. It’s strange that it is actually so historically close.

La Bombanera is a shit pit but a very unique atmosphere, it’s like a decaying Loftus Road, slightly bigger with absolutely no clue about safety standards. The Maracana in Rio beats it though, I love the Brasilian supporters.