Newcastle United V Manchester City,thread.

menace13

Given

Carr Boumsong Bramble Babayaro

Bowyer Parker Clark N'Zogbia

Shearer Owen

Bench:

Harper, Elliot, Moore, Faye, Ameobi

I think it's Elliot that makes up the 5th member of the bench, .cock were a bit crap.

Edited by The Mighty Hog

A good result and performance. First half we dominated well.

Second half was a little bit nervous and although Man City came out better, I was disappointed that we let them back into the game. Nevertheless, a promising performance and a deserved victory.

The difference with this game and so many that have went before (including wins) was that we actually played well. There was some good passing, people actually wanting the ball and enough genuine chances created to have scored about 4-5 goals on a other day.

Alot was down to Owen, he has pace but his movement and intelligence mean he is always where he needs to be and just wants somebody to pick him out with the ball.

The only thing we lacked was Bowyer being told to get out wide more, though i suspect he as playing where he was told to as he stuck to a specifif role. We murdered them down the left but not the right so this would be the only criticism.

Second half they came back into it and we were'nt as good, but we defended well enough and still created on the break.

90 mins like the first half is what we should be achieving and expecting with the finishing sharpened up a bit and players like Nobby, Emre and Dyer adding to the performance.

And to be honest it wasn't a surprise when he picked an attacking midfield instead of playing Faye and Carr, its a simple game at times.

And to be fair to Faye coming on as a sub he actually did quite well but i still don't want him starting anymore games as he isn't good enough for a team aiming at the very leats for top 6.