Ouch!

Tom_NUFC

Anyone see this in TF today?

A footballer had to have six stitches in his penis after it was ripped open in a tackle.

Chavdar Yankow, 21, sustained a three-inch gash playing for Hamburg 96 in Germany. His shorts were "soaked with blood" but team doctors managed to patch Yankow up. Amazingly, after the painful incident Yankow returned to the pitch and played on.

This Story appears top be true

nb1209yankov.jpg

The horrific incident occurred in the tenth minute of Hannover's game with Frankfurt. Yankow himself explains:

"I ran towards the ball and my opponent, the Frankfurt striker Köhler, kicked his foot into my penis," the player said.

Yankow carried on playing, despite the usually debilitating feeling one has after having taken a blow to the nether regions.

The Bulgarian went on to gain instant hero status with the home crowd when after a few minutes, he noticed that his shorts were full of blood.

"I quickly ran to the side line," he continued. "But I felt no pain."

In the dressing room he realised what had happened. The skin of his penis had been ripped four centimetres. But the midfielder wasn't finished there - he actually came back out to finish playing the first half after having glued (yes, glued!) the wound and put a plaster on it.

At half time, the plaster was changed and he came back out for the second half a new man (but only just, a few centimetres more and it could have been a different story). And just to prove the point, he went on to score the second goal and seal victory for Hannover.

Anyone see this in TF today?

A footballer had to have six stitches in his penis after it was ripped open in a tackle.

Chavdar Yankow, 21, sustained a three-inch gash playing for Hamburg 96 in Germany. His shorts were "soaked with blood" but team doctors managed to patch Yankow up. Amazingly, after the painful incident Yankow was still able to give his wife one that night.

38475[/snapback]

:lol::razz: