Sunday rags

JawD

Owen's been played in the 'hole' instead of as an out and out striker of late, Viduka's crocked for up to 6 months, Smith's shit and possibly away, ditto Shola. So even if we sign a striker (or two) I'd hope Martins stays. And I'm not his biggest fan either.

When you put it like that. :up:

Owen's been played in the 'hole' instead of as an out and out striker of late, Viduka's crocked for up to 6 months, Smith's shit and possibly away, ditto Shola. So even if we sign a striker (or two) I'd hope Martins stays. And I'm not his biggest fan either.

When you put it like that. :up:

That's the thing we need to build to progress (both in lacking some key pieces and a bit more strength in depth), but it's probably going to be hard to slash the wage bill, never mind slash the wage bill and come out ahead in challenging for 5th potential.

Not impossible, but it'll have to be a blinder of a summer transfer season to do it (if indeed it is the case that we are doing that).

According to Spanish sources however, striker Alvaro Negredo could be.

The Almeria hotshot scored 13 goals in 37 games last season and has been recommended to United by technical co-ordinator Jeff Vetere.

Negredo was on the books of Real Madrid — where Vetere was previously employed as a star-spotter — before joining Almeria.

And the Bernabeu club have a £3 million first option on the 22-year-old, with reports suggesting they are keen to exercise this, and sell the player on to United for around £9.5 million.

Meanwhile, United are understood to be tracking Birmingham’s French midfielder Olivier Kapo.