Jimmy Anderson

Walliver

Great stuff from Anderson, I was at Trent Bridge to see him knock out the top order on Friday. The problem with him is that we know he can bowl teams out like this, but also that in the next game he can bowl absolute garbage. He's probably earned his chance to play against South Africa, but until he shows that he can be relied upon to bowl accurately (not necessarily destructively like the other day) then it will be hard for him to justify his place, particularly with Simon Jones and Flintoff looking to return.

Great stuff from Anderson, I was at Trent Bridge to see him knock out the top order on Friday. The problem with him is that we know he can bowl teams out like this, but also that in the next game he can bowl absolute garbage. He's probably earned his chance to play against South Africa, but until he shows that he can be relied upon to bowl accurately (not necessarily destructively like the other day) then it will be hard for him to justify his place, particularly with Simon Jones and Flintoff looking to return.

:icon_lol:

The good thing about England at the moment is the competition for bowling. Also it was good to see that when Anderson then had an off day, Sidebottom and Broad started hitting the spot. When you take into consideration that Flintoff, Harmison, and Jones can't even get into the squad it looks even brighter. I never thought I'd be saying that.

Having said all that though, New Zealand were shite.

New Zealand's team lacks real quality. McCullum's a very good keeper and decent bat, and Oram's a very useful all-rounder, but both aren't really consistent. Both players can murder bowlers but their averages are only in the mid-30s. Vettori is decent but nothing spectacular and none of their other players are particularly good. That said, it's still good to see England doing well, but their still needs work to be done to the top order - Bell and Collingwood in particular. Broad shouldn't be outsocring them every innings, though it's got to see he has potential as an all-rounder.