xbox 360 pics and vids

luckypierre

looks good. Some clever marketing by xbox to get the console out way before Sony get the ps3 out. Im thinking about buying a 360 but dont know whether just to hang on and wait until the ps3 comes out.

Have you got yours pre-ordered?

41506[/snapback]

yep mate , got two :lol:

got one from play and then decided to go to game in town to get one so I could definitely have it in my hands for launch day. Not sure whether to cancel the play one as Im thinking of keeping it and flogging it on ebay for (hopefully) a nice profit.

I dont think you'll see much of a price drop Hog. With what Sony are saying the ps3 is going to be on the expensive side. If I was MS and say the ps3 comes out at £400 then I'd reduce the basic pack to £200 but have the man pack still at £250, its only a 30 quid saving but to the general public theres a 360 for half the price of a ps3. If that wont be till 2007 anyway, is it worth waiting all that time for 30 quid? I dont think there'll be any reason to cut the price before long before the ps3 is on the horizon.

If Pro Evo comes oot for the 360 ill get one like! :lol:

41737[/snapback]

apparently theyre developing pro evo for release for spring 2006. I think everything is working to the xbox's advantage - timing of release, cost and number of titles (tipped to have more than the ps3 until 2008) so could see a shift over to Microsoft for this generation of consoles

just watched that vid - its almost lifelike. Usually when these consoles appear, the early development of games isnt a great deal better than the later games of the generation before but you've got to say that these are far far better than whats around at the moment.

They look rendered to me. Even if it was in HD a PC can't pull those off at 1600x1200

Oh and lp you can change the title yourself, just edit the first post you lazy get.

Edited by Sima

cheers fella didnt know that.

They are in game. Thats what IGN are reporting anyway and the make a point of saying so after the super realistic Madden shots were shown to be bull shit. It is only a basketball game so you have a small number of characters and a tiny little area to model.

The most impressive thing is how all these games are coming on as launch approaches and each new vid, screenshot is released. The link that rob posted is the E3 trailers from May. If you compare Perfect Dark Zero then to now it come on loads and what was a disappointment now looks fantastic.

Edited by luckypierre

The textures on the walls are amazing on the second vid. You can put your face right up to the bricks and see if the wall needs repointing. :lol: