Charities

Which again is a non-point. Like saying Hilter didn't murder many black people so therefore he quite liked them. :rolleyes:

Ding ding! Godwin's law is achieved in 74. Good work everyone, same time same place tomorrow?

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which again is a non-point. Like saying Hilter didn't murder many black people so therefore he quite liked them. :)

Ding ding! Godwin's law is achieved in 74. Good work everyone, same time same place tomorrow?

Godwin's Law :rolleyes:

Edit: Jinx!

Now for 3 pages of Gates = Hilter. :wub:

Which again is a non-point. Like saying Hilter didn't murder many black people so therefore he quite liked them. :rolleyes:

A better WW2 analogy would have been IBM supplying the Nazi's with IT to facilitate the holocaust. The same company who've been bundling hardware/software to maximise profits since the 1800s.

Microsoft are mere pups in the field.

Which again is a non-point. Like saying Hilter didn't murder many black people so therefore he quite liked them. :wub:

A better WW2 analogy would have been IBM supplying the Nazi's with IT to facilitate the holocaust. The same company who've been bundling hardware/software to maximise profits since the 1800s.

Nope, and as usual completely pointless to the discussion (well if you can call your responses "discussion"). :rolleyes:

Which again is a non-point. Like saying Hilter didn't murder many black people so therefore he quite liked them. :)

Nope, and as usual completely pointless to the discussion (well if you can call your responses "discussion"). :rolleyes:

:wub:

Well debated.

:)

Well debated.

Debate? You know the meaning of the word? :wub:

349-offensive-hypocrisy.gif

Edited by Fop

Can I just point out to you argumentative twats that Microsoft and Bill Gates have nothing to do with this thread, regardless of HF being a cheap bastid who won't give to charity and trying to use his operating system as an excuse!

Can I just point out to you argumentative twats that Microsoft and Bill Gates have nothing to do with this thread, regardless of HF being a cheap bastid who won't give to charity and trying to use his operating system as an excuse!

I also get my home insurance through Help The Aged.

:rolleyes:

No wonder you can afford to buy two new kitchens!

"Microsoft are built upon the most "unethical" (i.e. most ruthless, illegal, destructive, and self-centred) business model around."

compared to say Dassault or Gazprom or FN or Oerlikon or BAT or Union Carbide at Bophal???? I think not

Sounds like you just object to paying for your software to me TBH

Owt from SAGA goes STRAIGHT in the bin - I still have some pride................................

"Microsoft are built upon the most "unethical" (i.e. most ruthless, illegal, destructive, and self-centred) business model around."

compared to say Dassault or Gazprom or FN or Oerlikon or BAT or Union Carbide at Bophal???? I think not

Sounds like you just object to paying for your software to me TBH

That's the thing, broadly I don't have too (not that I begrudge MS their money, anyway, well up until WinME anyway and then again with Vista).

The irony is that I imagine you don't have to either, you're just far too ignorant to know it.

Doesn't even make them as unethical as Enron if you ask me like, but as it effected the nerds, the nerds hate him more than Ian Huntley.

There definitely seems to be a correlation between geekiness levels and dislike of Gates / Microsoft. I'm surprised one of them hasn't released a piece of freeware calculating it.

Doesn't even make them as unethical as Enron if you ask me like, but as it effected the nerds, the nerds hate him more than Ian Huntley.

There definitely seems to be a correlation between geekiness levels and dislike of Gates / Microsoft. I'm surprised one of them hasn't released a piece of freeware calculating it.

:rolleyes: That and Gates alleged random violence shenanigans.

• 2 weeks later...
I've done my bit.

I bought a PC with windows and office installed. So Bill Gates has my charity giving covered with that cash.

I've also paid god knows how much in taxes which the government kindly pass on in foreign aid.

Then there's the lottery.

"The Bill Gates I'm Really A Nice Guy Look Fund" :icon_lol:

You can never win in the eyes of some though.

Wiping out malaria, whatever his motive, clearly isn't enough to win over some people who once had to format their hard drive.

No, I just think he'll be as smart and ruthless at charity as he was a business (and god help any that get in his way/steal his limelight).

I mean if ends justify the (potential) means then there's not a lot to say, but if they don't then there is.

How is he going to wipe out malaria then?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/7504649.stm

Hopefully the first step.

Bill Gates, Club of Rome, CIA, New World order, Microsoft, polluted malaria vaccine, population control by stealth, Swiss drugs, Swiss nazi money.....Fish and Chips, Blur, Oasis, U2...Red credit card. :icon_lol:

I've done my bit.

I bought a PC with windows and office installed. So Bill Gates has my charity giving covered with that cash.

I've also paid god knows how much in taxes which the government kindly pass on in foreign aid.

Then there's the lottery.

"The Bill Gates I'm Really A Nice Guy Look Fund" :icon_lol:

You can never win in the eyes of some though.

Wiping out malaria, whatever his motive, clearly isn't enough to win over some people who once had to format their hard drive.

No, I just think he'll be as smart and ruthless at charity as he was a business (and god help any that get in his way/steal his limelight).

I mean if ends justify the (potential) means then there's not a lot to say, but if they don't then there is.

How is he going to wipe out malaria then?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/7504649.stm

Hopefully the first step.

Aye, Bill knocked that up in his lunch break.

HIV next week then death before next Christmas. :D

geeks don't like Gates 'cos he's a geek but HE made a fortune and they are still geeks

Anyone with any sense shouldn't care less about Gates wealth in an absolute sense, but should realise that he's made it in ways that have directly held back technology as much as (if not more than) he's pushed it forward.

The examples are numerous, but the most obvious is IE, which didn't have anything but the odd vital security update for over 3 years (despite all the issues with IE at that time) until Mozilla and such rallied and really started to retake some market share (and the stuff MS and Intel for that matter have done regarding 3rd world access to technology is nothing short of shameful - at no time have they treated it like a charity/aid exercise, but simply as a new market and have made decision after decision to that effect that had pushed back and restricted technology deployment again and again - much like recording companies without realising that their long term profits would have been better anyway had they openly embraced a new world).

Hopefully we'll see more examples with things like OOo and the success of Eee PCs not running windows or only running XP (as Vista is far too fat and bloaty for them).

The truly strange thing though is that 90% of the users of say this forum will be able to do everything they do on their PC without using any MS products and likely without having to pay for any software and yet they don't know it and perhaps never will. That's not geek that's just not plain ignorant. :D

As for Gates and his one on one fight to the death with malaria......... :icon_lol:

The truly strange thing though is that 90% of the users of say this forum will be able to do everything they do on their PC without using any MS products and likely without having to pay for any software and yet they don't know it and perhaps never will. That's not geek that's just not plain ignorant. :icon_lol:

I think far more than 10% of them know it, they just can't be bothered. I'm one of them.

geeks don't like Gates 'cos he's a geek but HE made a fortune and they are still geeks

Anyone with any sense shouldn't care less about Gates wealth in an absolute sense, but should realise that he's made it in ways that have directly held back technology as much as (if not more than) he's pushed it forward.

The examples are numerous, but the most obvious is IE, which didn't have anything but the odd vital security update for over 3 years (despite all the issues with IE at that time) until Mozilla and such rallied and really started to retake some market share (and the stuff MS and Intel for that matter have done regarding 3rd world access to technology is nothing short of shameful - at no time have they treated it like a charity/aid exercise, but simply as a new market and have made decision after decision to that effect that had pushed back and restricted technology deployment again and again - much like recording companies without realising that their long term profits would have been better anyway had they openly embraced a new world).

Hopefully we'll see more examples with things like OOo and the success of Eee PCs not running windows or only running XP (as Vista is far too fat and bloaty for them).

The truly strange thing though is that 90% of the users of say this forum will be able to do everything they do on their PC without using any MS products and likely without having to pay for any software and yet they don't know it and perhaps never will. That's not geek that's just not plain ignorant. :D

As for Gates and his one on one fight to the death with malaria......... :icon_lol:

Aye it's bollocks.

The truly strange thing though is that 90% of the users of say this forum will be able to do everything they do on their PC without using any MS products and likely without having to pay for any software and yet they don't know it and perhaps never will. That's not geek that's just not plain ignorant. :icon_lol:

I think far more than 10% of them know it, they just can't be bothered. I'm one of them.

Same here. Worried about hassle.

Aye there's that too. :icon_lol: Although short of gaming and some soundcards it's not that hard now, about as easy as installing windows XP anyway (baring wireless in some cases).

Which is sad as the world would greatly benefit from some genuine

for MS to push things along.

Aye there's that too. :icon_lol: Although short of gaming and some soundcards it's not that hard now, about as easy as installing windows XP anyway (baring wireless in some cases).

Which is sad as the world would greatly benefit from some genuine

for MS to push things along.

I've started using the alternative free version of Word recently. But some things don't recognise the docs.