England versus South Africa

Tooj

I reckon sticking in Tremlett for Pattinson would add extra bowling + batting power.

Tremlett will never be England quality imo

He's better than some of the shite that play tbh. He can bowl fast and fairly well, last test he was in he played well. Recently his batting for Hampshire has been pretty good too - England could do worse.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Stevie
Get him with the beard back.

W.G. Grace?

Mike Gatting. I know fuck all about cricket, but surely you don't need to be fit to be that good? That bloke Devon was a good bowler too, I watched Greg Norman 53, leading the masters, so why can't an old timer do it in cricket, they don't need a great deal of athleticism surely?

Guest Stevie
Yeah, I agree. Look at that fat cunt Inzamam. He wasn't too bad, for a fat cunt.

That Monty Panasar has a decent beer belly on him too.

Guest Stevie
Racist. Just because I said Inzamam is a fat cunt doesn't mean all Asian cricketers have to be singled out if they're podgy. :headphonedance:

There'll come a day when there's no English surnames in our team you mark my words.

Guest Stevie
That's because the English are fucking shit at sport.

I wouldn't say the English in general, mainly the south. :headphonedance:

The rest are beyond shit, like.

Think of the best English born team of the last 25 years of players born north of the midlands, and then do a southern one ;)

Seaman, Woodgate, Bruce, Lawrenson* (born Preston before anyone pipes up), Gerrard, Scholes, Robson, Gazza, Waddle, Beardsley, Shearer

against

Shilton, Pearce, Adams, Butcher* (you can have him), Beckham, Lampard, Wilkins, Ince, Barnes* (you can have him), Ferdinand, Lineker

who would win? case closed M'Lud

I wouldn't say the English in general, mainly the south. ;)

Think of the best English born team of the last 25 years of players born north of the midlands, and then do a southern one :)

Seaman, Woodgate, Bruce, Lawrenson* (born Preston before anyone pipes up), Gerrard, Scholes, Robson, Gazza, Waddle, Beardsley, Shearer

against

Shilton, Pearce, Adams, Butcher* (you can have him), Beckham, Lampard, Wilkins, Ince, Barnes* (you can have him), Ferdinand, Lineker

Stevie deliberately missing out some of the better Southern players :headphonedance: and bending the rules for the northern team.

Not like him to bend arguments in his favour though.

Edited by Sima

Guest Stevie

I wouldn't say the English in general, mainly the south. ;)

Think of the best English born team of the last 25 years of players born north of the midlands, and then do a southern one :)

against

Stevie deliberately missing out some of the better Southern players :headphonedance: and bending the rules for the northern team.

Not like him to bend arguments in his favour though.

What ye on aboot ya daft cunt?

I've even given them the full Midlands. I've given the North, the NW pop 7m, Yorkshire pop 5, and the NE pop 2.5m - 14.5m against a population of 37m, and we're still miles ahead. As for bending the rules, Lawrenson was English born, and because I felt sorry for the South I gave them Butcher born Singapore, and Barnes born Jamaica that was more bending the rules. I'd be interested and no doubt amused at who you feel these better southern players are. In hindsight I'd swap Glenn Hoddle for Lampard.

Edited by Stevie

I reckon we'd beat South Africa at football like.

Mind you, any team would struggle with the triple-headed onslaught of Innocent Mdledle, Surprise Moriri and Excellent Walaza.

Guest Stevie
I reckon we'd beat South Africa at football like.

Mind you, any team would struggle with the triple-headed onslaught of Innocent Mdledle, Surprise Moriri and Excellent Walaza.

Not to mention Shoes Moshoeu.

Textbook Stevie, "I know fuck all about cricket so I'll just wade in here to post more regionally biased football nonsense as usual".

My views: Broad & Pattinson out, Harmison and Bopara in. Fred can bowl as one of four. The batting isn't good enough - neither Flintoff nor Ambrose can bat at 6. As loathe as I am to drop bowlers for batting failures, the only one I want to drop is Vaughan, his batting isn't good enough but I'll give him the rest of the series because of his captaincy. He'll probably get his usual one century (and probably only score above 30) of the series next game anyway.

These changes would push Ambrose down to 8 - in which case you say why don't I bring in Read. I just feel the keepers should be given time, and Ambrose has done a good job with gloves and can bat.

Of course, this is all academic because the only thing that will happen will be Sidebottom in for Pattinson. It's so infuriating that after the debacle of the last Ashes, commitees were drawn up to ensure the right people were in place to make sure this didn't happen. Well now the selectors are useless (Pattinson?), the coach is uninspiring too submissive to his captain, who in turn can't buy a run but gets in regardless. The ECB are up there with the ICC, the FA, UEFA, and FIFA.

Guest Stevie
Textbook Stevie, "I know fuck all about cricket so I'll just wade in here to post more regionally biased football nonsense as usual".

My views: Broad & Pattinson out, Harmison and Bopara in. Fred can bowl as one of four. The batting isn't good enough - neither Flintoff nor Ambrose can bat at 6. As loathe as I am to drop bowlers for batting failures, the only one I want to drop is Vaughan, his batting isn't good enough but I'll give him the rest of the series because of his captaincy. He'll probably get his usual one century (and probably only score above 30) of the series next game anyway.

These changes would push Ambrose down to 8 - in which case you say why don't I bring in Read. I just feel the keepers should be given time, and Ambrose has done a good job with gloves and can bat.

Of course, this is all academic because the only thing that will happen will be Sidebottom in for Pattinson. It's so infuriating that after the debacle of the last Ashes, commitees were drawn up to ensure the right people were in place to make sure this didn't happen. Well now the selectors are useless (Pattinson?), the coach is uninspiring too submissive to his captain, who in turn can't buy a run but gets in regardless. The ECB are up there with the ICC, the FA, UEFA, and FIFA.

Pipe down a bit chump eh? I was replying to the ridiculous notion that the South has better sportsmen than the North.

Was talking to Tooj about this and that's pretty similar to what we said. I said that'll be the only change - Pattinson out for Sidebottom to come back.

Broad's one for the future and his batting ability is a major bonus. I don't think his bowling is up to it yet though. Still learning.

Get him with the beard back.

W.G. Grace?

Mike Gatting. I know fuck all about cricket, but surely you don't need to be fit to be that good? That bloke Devon was a good bowler too, I watched Greg Norman 53, leading the masters, so why can't an old timer do it in cricket, they don't need a great deal of athleticism surely?

Don't need a great deal of athleticism? If you're a batsman you could be spending upwards of ten hours at the crease in a two innings match. As a bowler you could be bowling upwards of 60 overs. As well as that you could have upwards of two whole days running around in the field. Aye, no fitness required.....

*expects someone to mention the odd exception again*

Pipe down a bit chump eh? I was replying to the ridiculous notion that the South has better sportsmen than the North.

By using only one sport as your evidence against?

Guest Stevie

There's only one sport as far as I'm concerned.

There's only one sport as far as I'm concerned.

You told me last night you were getting into Golf :headphonedance: