Greenday

LeazesMag

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to wonder what you have to do to be big and not "sell out"? I guess there are some bands that do take some stands (Pearl Jam) and others that really embrace the corporate business models (Metallica), but most just do what they do only with more money.

I also wonder why it's never seen as "selling out" for rap stars? The more money they make the more a caricature of themselves they become the better it seems to be for them.

I have to wonder what you have to do to be big and not "sell out"? I guess there are some bands that do take some stands (Pearl Jam) and others that really embrace the corporate business models (Metallica), but most just do what they do only with more money.

I also wonder why it's never seen as "selling out" for rap stars? The more money they make the more a caricature of themselves they become the better it seems to be for them.

Well some argue it's all about the 'cheddar' but plenty are regarded as having sold out too.

Well some argue it's all about the 'cheddar' but plenty are regarded as having sold out too.

Maybe, but it's never regarded in quite the same way and certainly not in the same scale. Generally they almost seem to gain a level of respect the more utterly divorced from reality they become. Although maybe the fan bases differ enough to make a difference too.

Maybe, but it's never regarded in quite the same way and certainly not in the same scale. Generally they almost seem to gain a level of respect the more utterly divorced from reality they become. Although maybe the fan bases differ enough to make a difference too.

For every fan who feels that way and laps up the bling there's a one who thinks that style of hip-hop and that sort of behaviour is fake as fuck. Just like anything else really.

For every fan who feels that way and laps up the bling there's a one who thinks that style of hip-hop and that sort of behaviour is fake as fuck. Just like anything else really.

I'm sure there's more than one, just not sure from within the fan base.

More gibberish. Hip-hop is no different from any other genre when it comes to 'sell-outs'.

More gibberish. Hip-hop is no different from any other genre when it comes to 'sell-outs'.

Ma hos say different.

Dookie is by far the best.

Dookie > Insomniac > American Idiot > 1039 Smoothed Out Slappy Hours = Kerplunk = Nirmrod = Warning.

All of a very high standard. Some of the live CD's are good too.

I've been listening to a couple of others in the last few days, and I like Warning

Ma hos say different.

Fuck you motherfucker.