Russell Crowe to play Bill Hicks

Jimbo

http://www.guardian.co.uk/global/2008/aug/...s&feed=film

Russell Crowe is considering starring as Bill Hicks in a biopic of the late, great US comic, according to Empire online. Crowe was due to star as a good Sheriff of Nottingham in Ridley Scott's Nottingham, but that project has been delayed until at least spring by concerns over a possible actors' strike and a likely deficit in the greenness of Sherwood forest's leaves over the period in which the movie was initially due to be filmed. New Zealand writer Mark Staufer is currently working on a draft script for a film about the life of Hicks, a controversial figure in the States who gained a huge cult following in the UK before his death from pancreatic cancer at the age of just 32.

I'd like to say I'm intrigued by this, but I can't help thinking that Hicks himself would hate the idea. All they need to do is get some corporate sponsorship for the film and they could power LA for a decade just from the spinning in his grave

QFT