What GOOD new games can I play on this pc?

Flair

Syndicate, Champ Man 01/02, Civ III and that'll do nicely. Alex is right, why play games on a pc? Consoles are better for the graphic intensive fodder we gorge on these days.

Every game that comes out on a console which then comes out for a PC, the PC version is anything from slightly to massively better (console tech is always massively behind PC tech, although console standardisation makes up a bit of ground). Conversely most ports from PC to console lose a lot in the process.

The problem is there's no money (relatively) in the PC market for the publishing companies.

And if you go into the genericness the console market now encourages (barring the Wii, well less anyway) that's a whole new can of worms.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

03/04 was also good but gets very slow after a season or two.

01/02 is the way forward, 06 was also good however its a struggle to find updates for that.

And someone actually do so some work Besty. :lol:

Syndicate, Champ Man 01/02, Civ III and that'll do nicely. Alex is right, why play games on a pc? Consoles are better for the graphic intensive fodder we gorge on these days.

Every game that comes out on a console which then comes out for a PC, the PC version is anything from slightly to massively better (console tech is always massively behind PC tech, although console standardisation makes up a bit of ground). Conversely most ports from PC to console lose a lot in the process.

The problem is there's no money (relatively) in the PC market for the publishing companies.

And if you go into the genericness the console market now encourages (barring the Wii, well less anyway) that's a whole new can of worms.

Fair points, but I'd still never really play an FPS on the pc if it was available on a Console. It's probably a mental block, I automatically associate the pc with work. I also don't play on the console alone, Co-Op and Vs are the major benefits of the systems for me. I know you can play fps games online with thousands of other people available to co-op or vs your little heart out with... but I prefer it when the guy I'vejust shot in the head is sitting beside me so I can celebrate in his face. :lol: