Mansfield Town FC

Stoney

Well I didn't think this was worthy of going on your main forum so I've put it in here, hope ya don't mind!

Basically I spoke to a Newcastle fan who lives near me (Chesterfield) a few months ago in a boozer and he told me that if we ever met your lot in a cup again that Newcastle are gonna absolutely run Mansfield ragged and that you've never forgot our 'stunt'.

Obviously when we played you in the cup in 2006 it was our big day out and we brought 6000 fans, a few of our fans then caked the Angel of the north in yella' and blue balloons. Just wondered if its true that a lot still hold a grudge about it or was he just talking shíte? I'm expecting the latter as I can't believe you'd really care about little old Mansfield tbh.

Couldn't give a shit to be honest mate. No offence, but Mansfield rarely appears on our radar. More likely to find a Geordie with enmity towards Stevenage Borough or Hereford than Mansfield.

Nah, no offence taken at all mate, as I said in my first post I expected him to be talking utter bullshit! He's also a bit of a Chesterfield fan and likes to think he's bigger than Mansfield so probably was trying to wind me up.

I found Geordies lovely folk when I went up north that day and I thought they'd understand it was just a joke when we put our balloons up, gladly I think you did :lol:

I take perverse pride in the number of teams I have rational and semi-rational grudges against and I have to say Mansfield aren't on the list. Having said that I didn't come up for that cup game so you probably had a close escape.

Guest Stevie

I reckon there's about 5 or 6 clubs in football I loathe, and maybe another 10 I dislike or mildly dislike, Mansfield aren't one of them.

As far as I'm concerned do what you like to the Angel of The North, will never ever be anything to do with Newcastle as it's six miles south of the tyne and is as close to Sunderland as it is to here.