Net Spend about 10m

Park Life

I think surviving the next few years in good financial shape might be a victory in itself.

A few more clubs with stupid foreign backing behind them and then the whole Premiership becomes a house of cards (and the whole anti-debt/wage structure legislation looks more inviting).

It does completely suck for thoughts about regaining old Keegan or Robson days though.

That's in place in Italy too isn't it? If so, it doesn't contradict EU or Uefa regs.

I'm not sure, although they were looking at all sorts when the Italian league nearly bankrupt itself a few years ago. Most everything contradicts some EU or Uefa (or Fifa) regs though. :D

At least there maybe some comfort in seeing Man U glory hunters faces when/if Man City win the league. :lol:

Iirc the Italian system requires that the wages do not exceed a certain percentage of turnover. The penalties are relegation and so on. I think that is what happened to Fiorentina.

Not that I give a fuck at this moment in time.

In Denmark a club MUST have 25% of the monthtly wage budget in cash, otherwise the club may risk being declared bankrupt, and relegated out of the pro divisions. I guess, they could be heavily in debt, as long as they just still have 25% of the wage in bank.

I think we can look forward to a cash injection in January, by then he will have "investors" in the club.

Nobody sells their good players in Jan.

Doesn't mean we can't look forward to a cash injection in January.

Is £10m enough??

Enough not to be involved in a relegation scare again YES

Enough for a mid table finish YES

Enough to get into a UEFA cup spot Debatable

Enough considering we have a billionaire owner and a manager who loves the club and wants it to succeed NOWHERE NEAR ENOUGH

but I wasnt expecting Fatty to splash a load of cash but I was hoping Owen would have been signed up to a new deal

Its unusual for much to happen in Jan like. Unless maybe we just ran out of time this window and try to kick start negotiations again then. I wouldnt be too hopeful of much though.

I think the disappointing thing about this window was that there were hints that we would be promised a pot of gold when Ashley took over. Away from the stock market, we would have no-one to please and would be free to go out and buy quality players. Not necessarily compete with Chelsea/Utd in the money stakes but certainly push ourselves towards where Liverpool & Arsenal are in the grand scale of it all.

Its turned out to be a very modest transfer window and while the signings that we have seen playing have been promising, the fact that our squad was small last year, losing more players and then replacing those means we still have a small squad. #

I dont think all of the rumours flying about regarding harmony in St James' has helped at all, for the confidence of the fans or for the players themselves.

If we can have a decent season, I cant see why we cant do a Portsmouth/Everton of last year. That has to be the minimum expectation really or we will continue to lose ground on those above us. I dont think its possible now to spend years in the wildernes then all of a sudden start building and challenging at the top unless you have some serious investment behind you.

Seeing how City have all of a sudden just come from nowhere leaves me cold and worrying at the state of football in England. While the players might be a better standard than ever, its becoming less of a competition and more about how much money your owner has to throw at signings. There has to be some regulation sooner or later or clubs just become someones plaything to come in, win a few trophies and disappear.

Is £10m enough??

Enough not to be involved in a relegation scare again YES

Enough for a mid table finish YES

Enough to get into a UEFA cup spot Debatable

Enough considering we have a billionaire owner and a manager who loves the club and wants it to succeed NOWHERE NEAR ENOUGH

but I wasnt expecting Fatty to splash a load of cash but I was hoping Owen would have been signed up to a new deal

Some of the cash deals have been silly this year though.

Man City are now just not in the second Premiership any more, if their cash boost is correct, and we can't really compare ourselves to them or Chelski (and Man U, Arsenal and Liverpool have decent revenue pools to call on as well as good player pulling power).

Everton were looking good for at least consolidating 5th last season, but aren't looking anything like as strong for even a top 6-8 now, but that context rather than top 4 & Man City we've not done too bad.

I think the disappointing thing about this window was that there were hints that we would be promised a pot of gold when Ashley took over. Away from the stock market, we would have no-one to please and would be free to go out and buy quality players. Not necessarily compete with Chelsea/Utd in the money stakes but certainly push ourselves towards where Liverpool & Arsenal are in the grand scale of it all.

Its turned out to be a very modest transfer window and while the signings that we have seen playing have been promising, the fact that our squad was small last year, losing more players and then replacing those means we still have a small squad. #

I dont think all of the rumours flying about regarding harmony in St James' has helped at all, for the confidence of the fans or for the players themselves.

If we can have a decent season, I cant see why we cant do a Portsmouth/Everton of last year. That has to be the minimum expectation really or we will continue to lose ground on those above us. I dont think its possible now to spend years in the wildernes then all of a sudden start building and challenging at the top unless you have some serious investment behind you.

Seeing how City have all of a sudden just come from nowhere leaves me cold and worrying at the state of football in England. While the players might be a better standard than ever, its becoming less of a competition and more about how much money your owner has to throw at signings. There has to be some regulation sooner or later or clubs just become someones plaything to come in, win a few trophies and disappear.

Well I think it's two things that have screwed us:

1. the club was in a much worse state than he expected (debt and wages-wise - as well as manager and talent pool).

2. the whole world economy has changed since he took over (city and chelsea both have revenue streams pretty much immune to the current conditions, in fact the worse the conditions get the MORE money their owner get :lol: But even a billionaire will feel the pinch, if their money isn't coming from oil/gas).

I'd guess the rhetoric was probably as intended until those two things bit.

My friend from Arabia just phoned me to tell me that one of the richeset men from his country are interested in investing in us. This guy, Prince Al-Walid bin Talal bin Abdul Aziz Al Saud. Its a rumour and I understand this so don't shoot the messanger.

Edited by Attain

My friend from Arabia just phoned me to tell me that one of the richeset men from his country are interested in investing in us. This guy, Prince Al-Walid bin Talal bin Abdul Aziz Al Saud. Its a rumour and I understand this so don't shoot the messanger.

Can't imagine he'll be drinking in the stands.

الوليد بن طلال بن عبد العزيز آل سعود is only 19th richest in the world. :lol:

Higher than Roman. :D

Higher than Roman. :D

We'd be relegation fodder in a couple of years. :icon_lol: