At a time of despair take comfort that there is....

Jimbo

How many games have Woodgate and King played together?

In the league twice. King is not the king we know and love. The most talented allround defender this country has is ready for the knackers Im afraid.

What's wrong with Rio Ferdinand like?

Nothing. Great pace and good distribution. Add to that a fantastic heading ability and a great tackler and you have the King.

A fucking gazelle on steroids when he was fit. Terrible shame injury has slowley ground him down.

Woodgate, Ferdinand, Terry, and even Carragher are head and shoulders better than King ever was. Were you amongst you 768 away support the other night? In similar cicumstances I seem to recall us taking 5,600 to Watford in the League Cup.

Weren't you praising the Spurs' support after the game?

Yes but he doesn't have to know about that 4FS.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the league twice. King is not the king we know and love. The most talented allround defender this country has is ready for the knackers Im afraid.

Nothing. Great pace and good distribution. Add to that a fantastic heading ability and a great tackler and you have the King.

A fucking gazelle on steroids when he was fit. Terrible shame injury has slowley ground him down.

Woodgate, Ferdinand, Terry, and even Carragher are head and shoulders better than King ever was. Were you amongst you 768 away support the other night? In similar cicumstances I seem to recall us taking 5,600 to Watford in the League Cup.

Woodgate/Terry/Carragher: All lacked Ledleys pace / distribution.

Ferdinand: Not as strong in the tackle or as good in the air.

he is the best all rounder this country has ever had.

And yes I made the trip and yes there were more than 800 of us there as you well know. It was a very surreal experience being in such an empty stadium, town was a bit of a let down afterwards though, not as lively as I had thought it would be.

Woodgate was like grease lightening, in terms of natural ability and assets Woody WAS probably the best of all five, but Ferdinand's achievements and what he's actually done, what he has now outstrip the lot. The other two are clearly better defenders than King.

And yes I made the trip and yes there were more than 800 of us there as you well know. It was a very surreal experience being in such an empty stadium, town was a bit of a let down afterwards though, not as lively as I had thought it would be.

Woodgate was like grease lightening, in terms of natural ability and assets Woody WAS probably the best of all five, but Ferdinand's achievements and what he's actually done, what he has now outstrip the lot. The other two are clearly better defenders than King.

Wes Brown has achieved have been part of teams that have achieved great things but it doesnt make him a good defender.

King was at Spurs when we were rubbish and still shone.

If you have a moment, watch this, ignore the goals and just watch the defending, his tackles on Huckerby / Umbungolor and Robben are breath taking. It is massively disrespectful to say Carragher is any better in any facete of the game than the King: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=oUkRIgdJciw

Wes Brown has achieved have been part of teams that have achieved great things but it doesnt make him a good defender.

King was at Spurs when we were rubbish and still shone.

If you have a moment, watch this, ignore the goals and just watch the defending, his tackles on Huckerby / Umbungolor and Robben are breath taking. It is massively disrespectful to say Carragher is any better in any facete of the game than the King: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=oUkRIgdJciw

I think Liverpool fans would say the exact opposite.

As for our crowd against you, you know the reasons exactly for it. On the side of the coin you could say Spurs were no attraction, so it's one of the two, which do you think it is? I have to say as well, when you do the YIDS YIDS YIDS YIDS YIDS thing like a train, I mean everyone knows your mugs, but it makes you sound even more pathetic.

ha ha nice one Stevie. No bite from me on this.

We all know right now that both sets of fans are showing their true colours now we are in the mire.

In the mire? You've had a disappointing start to the season, are you trying to compare the problems Tottenham Hotspur have as a club to our problems? You total fucking mug.

Easy fella, no need to get irate. Trust me you lot win the most screwed up club award. However to say that both of us are not in a scrap now would be fatal. Both clubs need to knuckle down and grind out some results.

Oh I see, you are trying to justify the gates you have been getting...sorry didnt pick up on that. I suppose that could be considered a factor.

Edited by Danny B

Easy fella, no need to get irate. Trust me you lot win the most screwed up club award. However to say that both of us are not in a scrap now would be fatal. Both clubs need to knuckle down and grind out some results.

I agree so what's all this true colours shite? I'm astonished we're averaging nearly 48,000, I don't think anyone else would in the circumstances. People are boycotting, I'm not but I understand fully peoples reasons for doing so. Come back when Daniel Levy puts 8 stone on and goes about gettin pissed in yid away ends making a cunt of himself, tries to make himself 100m quid profit when the club have went backwards*, employs a geordie (who's hated by Spurs fans) to make shit signings that Ramos doesn't want or has never heard of, and when your best hope of a win is Geremi's set pieces.

* If Ashley had any decency of that 100m profit he makes, he should say here's 40m that's you season tickets paid for the next two seasons when he leaves.

ha ha I can see what you mean. Instead we just have a hated gooner as DOF buying players Ramos doesn't want, a poisoned dwarf trying to make 100m profit on players and we can't even see where the next goal is coming from.

Is this a 'my club's shitter than your club' argument?

Im not sure really. I am not sure what Stevie is trying to make excuses for. It is perfectly understandable to me why Newcastle fans are staying away.

Im not sure really. I am not sure what Stevie is trying to make excuses for. It is perfectly understandable to me why Newcastle fans are staying away.

What's this supposed to mean then?

We all know right now that both sets of fans are showing their true colours now we are in the mire.

I think you know Stevie ;)

I think you know Stevie ;)

Aye I think I do, half allocations 50 miles down the road, people making tits of themselves on Setanta after losing to a good Villa team 2-1, saying they'll never go back?

not a leg to stand on fella. This war has already been won.

It's an unwinnable war for you I'm pleased you recognise it. It's like Faroes trying to attack the USA with an all out nuclear onslaught.

terry and carrager are no where near as good as king

I wouldn't say any of them, at their best, are head and shoulders above any of the others. King's never been at his best for about 4 years though.

I wouldn't say any of them, at their best, are head and shoulders above any of the others. King's never been at his best for about 4 years though.

the order from best to worst is: rio, king/woodgate, terry then carrager. terry and carrager are both shit though and are no where near the level of the other 3

I dont think Carragher realised how bad he was until King (who had been out for months) was picked over him by Sven, which helped to get him to retire from the international game.

We all owe King (and Sven) a debt of gratitude for that.

the order from best to worst is: rio, king/woodgate, terry then carrager. terry and carrager are both shit though and are no where near the level of the other 3

Just keep repeating yourself and I'll agree eventually.

I'd rather have Carragher than King. He has more heart, he uses his physical attributes better, wins the ball more, reads it better. As I said if there were any dippers reading this message board they would laugh their tits off at the assertion King is better than him. As for Terry, Woody and Rio, the comparisons are laughable.

Tbf a canny few 'big strong lads' have put the post-injuries Shearer in their back-pocket. Robert Molinaar (sp?) and the Brazilian CB who went from Chelsea to Sunderland spring to mind.

Tbf a canny few 'big strong lads' have put the post-injuries Shearer in their back-pocket. Robert Molinaar (sp?) and the Brazilian CB who went from Chelsea to Sunderland spring to mind.

He was good Emerson Thome, and I remember Hreidarsson never gave him a kick at Wimbledon one time, but Shearer still used to bully defenders most weeks. That game "Caddeh" had him in his pocket.