The Sun still on the Barton crusade I see.....

Sima

Get Toon out of jail Joe

JOE KINNEAR’S crazy Newcastle reign hit a new low last night after he revealed the man who could save the Toon’s sorry season — Joey Barton.

The St James’ Park faithful thought they had heard it all following Kinnear’s shocking f-word rant this week.

But the latest gem from the caretaker chief — that the return of thug midfielder Barton could actually HELP the situation — just adds to the farce.

The disgraced midfielder, 26, who spent part of the summer in prison, has just two games of a six-match ban to run following his FA rap for an appalling training-ground assault on former Manchester City ace Ousmane Dabo last May.

His return will simply heap more shame onto the crisis-hit club but Kinnear reckons Barton’s “chirpy” nature will go down a storm with his struggling stars.

He said: “We need somebody to be ranting and screaming information out on the pitch.

“We don’t have that at the moment. I imagine when Joey comes back that might change — he’s a chirpy lad with things to say.

“We certainly need people who are going to express themselves to sort things out because you can’t always do it from the touchline.

“Yes I have spoken to Joey. He’s OK but I’m not going to repeat conversations in private. To be fair, all the players have been responsible — I’ve got the highest respect for them.

"But the communication hasn’t been good. That’s the key area where we’ve got to improve. We’ve had two solid days on that.”

Kinnear reckons a heart-to-heart with skipper Michael Owen quickly made him realise the extent of the mess Mike Ashley’s botched sale of the club has caused.

The former Wimbledon boss added: “I have been very impressed with Michael on and off the pitch. He’s totally OK with me and agrees what’s going on outside shouldn’t affect what’s going on on the pitch.

“We’ve now got to get the message to the rest. The players feel like they’ve been left in the lurch in terms of the communication from the club. But we’ve just got to get on with it. It’s as simple as that.

“Yes, they have to take responsibility as far as the football is concerned. You can’t use things that are happening at the club as an excuse for a poor performance. We’re not going anywhere if that’s the case.”

Newcastle travel to Everton tomorrow desperate to avoid a SIXTH straight defeat with Kinnear hoping some of old pal Arsene Wenger’s magic rubs off on him.

Kinnear lives round the corner from the Arsenal boss and added: “He’s the manager I’ve been readily in touch with and if we bump into each other we talk.”

Nominating probably our best central midfielder as one that could pull us out of the shit normally would be stating the obvious, but not when it's Barton it seems.....

http://www.newcastleunited-mad.co.uk/news/...W&id=410441

The hard man not, bloody coward more like.

Some major eruption envisaged here, ther's more than one player gunning for Barton. Let the games commence, I think JFK is lining Barton up for a fall. Cahley and his team wanted rid of Barton, KK did not. IMO it's Cashley's way of proving something.

http://www.newcastleunited-mad.co.uk/news/...W&id=410441

The hard man not, bloody coward more like.

Some major eruption envisaged here, ther's more than one player gunning for Barton. Let the games commence, I think JFK is lining Barton up for a fall. Cahley and his team wanted rid of Barton, KK did not. IMO it's Cashley's way of proving something.

link doesnt work

Martin Taylor absolutely levels Eduardo and it's an accident.

Guthrie loses his cool and breaks Fagan's leg and it's a travesty and a disgrace to the game of football.

Keane goes out with intent to break a man's leg and does so deliberately. He gets a long suspension and that's the last we hear of it.

Barton's involved with two off-pitch attacks and he gets a long suspension too, but it's not enough, because thugs like him should be drummed out of the game.

Of course I want Barton to return from suspension. Nobody with a brain would keep picking Cacapa in midfield if he had Barton available. But it's just another "Krazy Kinnear" -- Wimbledon -- Violence -- Barton chain of twisted logic that only this shit papers could come up with.

Guthrie loses his cool and breaks Fagan's leg and it's a travesty and a disgrace to the game of football.

Keane goes out with intent to break a man's leg and does so deliberately. He gets a long suspension and that's the last we hear of it.

Barton's involved with two off-pitch attacks and he gets a long suspension too, but it's not enough, because thugs like him should be drummed out of the game.

Tbh I think you're understating the reaction to the Taylor and Keane incidents.

I'm not sure about Taylor. Wenger reacted angrily after the incident but I don't think there was much more in it. Certainly none of this paper crusading.

I'm not sure about Taylor. Wenger reacted angrily after the incident but I don't think there was much more in it. Certainly none of this paper crusading.

Youre forgetting that while it was a bad challenge from Taylor it wasn't intentional, Guthrie took a kick at Fagan. Even at that I don't think there has been an overreaction to the incident, the FA didn't even charge him with anything when they would have been well within their rights to do so.

Kinnear lives round the corner from the Arsenal boss and added: “He’s the manager I’ve been readily in touch with and if we bump into each other we talk.”

And Sarah Palin has good foreign policy experience because Alaska is the closest state to Russia.