Poor little Manuel

Happy Face

Bloke in the office reckons it was left on the ansaphone then Brand rang the bird and she deleted it off there. Or something. He says he's a bit sketchy about the details though and says in was in the Sun :icon_lol:

We're through the looking glass here people.

Quality film btw.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bloke in the office reckons it was left on the ansaphone then Brand rang the bird and she deleted it off there. Or something. He says he's a bit sketchy about the details though and says in was in the Sun :icon_lol:

"I want you all to go to your windows and shout...I'm angry and I'm not going to take it anymore..!!"

It does change things somewhat imo. It's shit when the truth gets in the way of a good story though.

So basically they didn't actually do it, he did sleep with her and......... all comedy is now outlawed in the UK? (no wonder Brown was against it, anti-terrorism laws to be used against Rory Bremner by the end of the week :icon_lol:)

Does that sum it up?

It does change things somewhat imo. It's shit when the truth gets in the way of a good story though.

So basically they didn't actually do it, he did sleep with her and......... all comedy is now outlawed in the UK? (no wonder Brown was against it, anti-terrorism laws to be used against Rory Bremner by the end of the week :icon_lol:)

Does that sum it up?

R.I.P. English comedy. :)

"I want you all to go to your windows and shout...I'm angry and I'm not going to take it anymore..!!"

Class.

"I can handle big news and little news. And if there's no news, I'll go out and bite a dog."

It could just be that Sachs didn't pick up his voicemails, most people I know of that age can barely operate a phone never mind the voicemail.

That's how I see it (possibly anyway). The Beeb doesn't make it clear really.

Does that sum it up?

That's the thing, I don't particularly like Brand (his radio 2 show can be funny though), or Ross either (although again he's ok at times).

But I think this whole episode has much more to do with comedy bigotry than anything they said or did.

Sort of following on from what I said as well about the truth and a good story - the story has been massive ( :icon_lol: at that in itself) but some of the details about what has happened are a bit vague even baring that in mind. :) There's no reason why they should be other than it wouldn't have created as much publicity. I would RIP say British journalism but that would hardly be a revelation, would it?

Is it right there have now been over 100,000 complaints as well? I'm hoping I misheard that to be honest.

Edited by alex

Does that sum it up?

That's the thing, I don't particularly like Brand (his radio 2 show can be funny though), or Ross either (although again he's ok at times).

But I think this whole episode has much more to do with comedy bigotry than anything they said or did.

Que?

Does that sum it up?

Que?

Something akin to internet bullying no doubt.

Ins and outs of the actual incident aside, I think a lot of people are using this as an excuse to get at people they don't like and especially in Ross's case this is driven by his salary.

I wouldn't be suprised if he gets his agent to phone ITV/Sky and try and get out of his BBC deal.

Ins and outs of the actual incident aside, I think a lot of people are using this as an excuse to get at people they don't like and especially in Ross's case this is driven by his salary.

I wouldn't be suprised if he gets his agent to phone ITV/Sky and try and get out of his BBC deal.

Aye, I said a similar thing earlier. I love owt like this in a way though :icon_lol:

I couldn't see him getting a similar deal on a commercial station at the moment.

Thing is, as much as I agree "people are using this as an excuse to get at people they don't like " I don't think it's actually anything to do with Ross or Brand, but the owners of the daily mail who have a host of interests in commercial television (Associated Newspapers Ltd own Teletext used only by ITV, Channel 4 and Five) using it to hurt the BBC.

"Is this what the lisence fee is for" propoganda to have their budget cut or dropped altogether.

Shameless.

Does that sum it up?

Que?

People dislike Ross and Brand for who/what they are/what they do and that's why they complain and are "outraged", nothing to with what they have actually done (other than an opportunity to attack).

Similar to trying to get a book banned because it's saying something you don't like, or that Jerry Springer play rubbish.

:icon_lol:

Thing is, as much as I agree "people are using this as an excuse to get at people they don't like " I don't think it's actually anything to do with Ross or Brand, but the owners of the daily mail who have a host of interests in commercial television (Associated Newspapers Ltd own Teletext used only by ITV, Channel 4 and Five) using it to hurt the BBC.

"Is this what the lisence fee is for" propoganda to have their budget cut or dropped altogether.

Shameless.

That too, actually if you look at the later stages of the story it was/is clearly being used to beat up the BBC, although initially it snowballed on the back of Brand/Ross hate.

Does that sum it up?

R.I.P. English comedy. :lol:

Que?

Something akin to internet bullying no doubt.

You can't even get that right. :)

I think HF might be slightly overplaying that if their interests don't extend beyond teletext. I wasn't sure it still existed :icon_lol:

The Mail definitely likes to have a pop at what it perceives as liberal/left-wing parts of the establishment as it lets them do there 'this is why Britain is going to the dogs' routine.

I think HF might be slightly overplaying that if their interests don't extend beyond teletext. I wasn't sure it still existed :icon_lol:

The Mail definitely likes to have a pop at what it perceives as liberal/left-wing parts of the establishment as it lets them do there 'this is why Britain is going to the dogs' routine.

They're really going to town now...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10...ting-Queen.html

Daily Mail readers are wankers to a man :)

I think HF might be slightly overplaying that if their interests don't extend beyond teletext. I wasn't sure it still existed :)

They're really going to town now...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10...ting-Queen.html

Daily Mail readers are wankers to a man :lol:

It's like some kind of alternate universe in there. :icon_lol: