iPhone/iTouch Jailbreak

peasepud

Anyone done it?

I just have and foooookin hell what a difference! the types of apps you can get and things to do. I can now work on HTML document and then FTP to servers. iphysics (once I can work out how to install it) looks mental and theres a whole host of other things possible.

Will you be able to listen to music?

Do what? you'll want to make calls next!

and emm yes but unfortunately I sort of forgot to backup before doing it so Ive lost everything! music no bother, contacts, emails and SMS not so good :icon_lol:

oh but on a brighter note I now have video recording capabilities and can finally send and received MMS :lol:

Anyone done it?

I just have and foooookin hell what a difference! the types of apps you can get and things to do. I can now work on HTML document and then FTP to servers. iphysics (once I can work out how to install it) looks mental and theres a whole host of other things possible.

What does this "Jailbreak" involve Pease?

Is it something my ipod touch really needs?

Anyone done it?

Ohhhhh yes!

http://www.ipodtouchhacks.com/ipod/touch/jailbreak/

it was a little bit of a fart on but no major problem, basically it makes a new copy of your firmware which you then restore the the iTouch, this new copy removes all of the bits that stop you loading non-itunes apps. You get a new installer added which works like the Itunes store.

Anyone done it?

Ohhhhh yes!

http://www.ipodtouchhacks.com/ipod/touch/jailbreak/

it was a little bit of a fart on but no major problem, basically it makes a new copy of your firmware which you then restore the the iTouch, this new copy removes all of the bits that stop you loading non-itunes apps. You get a new installer added which works like the Itunes store.

I have an ipod touch and would like to download stuff to it. Unfortunatly I am a technospaz, if I fuck this up will it break my ipod?

I have an ipod touch and would like to download stuff to it. Unfortunatly I am a technospaz, if I fuck this up will it break my ipod?

No, worst case scenario is you hook it upto iTunes and restore the normal firmware.

No, worst case scenario is you hook it upto iTunes and restore the normal firmware.

So the website is just covering it's arse when it says "Warning Jailbreaking your iPod Touch is not fool proof and things can go wrong. We can’t be held responsible."

:lol:

So the website is just covering it's arse when it says "Warning Jailbreaking your iPod Touch is not fool proof and things can go wrong. We can’t be held responsible."

:jesuswept:

Having read a ton of comments though Ive yet to find one thats screwed their phone. At the end of the day all you're doing is replacing the firmware witha dodgy unchecked possibly virus laden version....nowt to worry about :lol: