Mamadou Sakho

Ketsbaia

2bias:I think they actually would! french football is piss poor.French football is a good championnat !

The Premier League is the best because there are lot of money !

I think Lyon(Benzema, Juninho, Govou) or PSG(Makelele, Sessegnon, Giuly, Hoarau) can beat Newcastle like Marseille in the cup Uefa with Didier Drogba.

The French championship is just more defensive.

The standard of English football is better than French for many a reason you can't just put it down to money as interest generated the money in the first place.

It was a self perpetuated rise almost, the more interest and investment meant bigger players came which in turn lead to more interest and investment.

Such as Abramovich could have inspired Abu Dhabi.

However I do like French football and I am keen on PSG, I have the 2005 shirt :lol:

he's my first buy if i ever fire up FM , him and saviet !

he captained his team at 18 aswell .

Ha, thought the same as soon as I saw his name.

"This player has the potential to be almost as good as Jamie Carragher" - FM's opinion on him.

I await the half a dozen jokes about how he must be really crap then :lol:

• 3 years later...

NEWCASTLE UNITED will monitor Paris St Germain defender Mamadou Sakho’s situation during January.

United are in the market for a centre-back when the transfer window opens for business in the New Year and are currently assessing all their defensive options.

Boss Alan Pardew has been keeping his cards close to his chest when it comes to transfer targets. But sources in France have indicated United have been keeping a close eye on the 22-year-old’s situation with the French international thought to be unhappy with the lack of first-team assurances.

Sakho has been a long-term target of the Magpies in the last 12 months and his progress in recent games has been carefully checked.

Read More http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2012/12/24/newcastle-eye-psg-defender-mamadou-sakho-72703-32487029/#ixzz2FyvtuUeU

Only 12 month?? As soon as I read the piece I knew we were strongly linked with him in 2008. It was common knowledge. This bloke man, J69 has more knowledge and would be more proficient than this chancer.

no chance in fucking hell we're getting him, still rated as one of the best up and comming centrehalves and linked with a load of champions league teams.

he was only dropped towards the end of last season when he had a dip in form and ancelotti threw the head up and benched him/removed him as captain

Yeah. He's still started a lot of the league games this year- just no real CL action. I'd be shocked if he were valued at less than 15 and like I said, no way Ashley would pull that one

Aye and he can cover LB as well as CB, alex is getting on a bit too, he's not going anywhere for cheap at least, and we wouldn't pay his wages or the fee

Yeah, I think I read a week or so ago some quotes that he wasn't going anywhere.

I'd really be shocked if we did anything other than make a profit in this transfer window.