Newcastle and Middlesbrough keen on keeper Kenny after Blades row

Scottish Mag

Newcastle and Middlesbrough are set to make a move for Sheffield United's long-serving goalkeeper Paddy Kenny.

The £5million move is on the cards after a row between Kenny and Blades boss Kevin Blackwell.

Kenny, who joined the Yorkshire club in 2002 and has made over 250 appearances, is angry after being dropped by Blackwell because he turned up late for training on Christmas Day.

The Mirror also claims the pair fell out earlier this month over a new contract.

A source told the paper: 'Paddy's fed up with the way talks have dragged on. He thinks the club are taking the mickey and he feels unwanted.'

Newcastle's interest in Kenny comes as Arsenal and Tottenham step their interest in Magpies keeper Shay Given. The north London rivals are set to battle it out for the Republic of Ireland kepper who has made over 400 appearances for Newcastle.

Can i just ask firstly, why would be want to let given go?! he is one of the best keepers in the league, and secondly Paddy Kenny is SHITE!!! he makes Mike Hooper (yeah remember him, world glass keeper....) look like Peter Schemicheal...

and if Sheffield want 5 million for him how much is shay worth? 20 million? so if teams are that desperate for him let them pay over the odds like we always seem to do, why would we let shay "move on" for 8 million....... I dont thinkso!

we cant afford to let any players go, and why would we want to strengthen in the keeper dept when we have one speed harper, krul and forester as well as the sweadish kid as backup?!

dosent make sense... what we need 2 full backs 2 central midfielders desperatly.

Even if we let Given go, there is no way we would pay £5m for Fatty Kenny - no way on this earth.

If Given was sold, Harper would step into the breach as first choice and the young 'un (the big fucker, who's name escapes me right now) would go as number 2.

Newcastle and Middlesbrough are set to make a move for Sheffield United's long-serving goalkeeper Paddy Kenny.

The £5million move is on the cards after a row between Kenny and Blades boss Kevin Blackwell.

Kenny, who joined the Yorkshire club in 2002 and has made over 250 appearances, is angry after being dropped by Blackwell because he turned up late for training on Christmas Day.

The Mirror also claims the pair fell out earlier this month over a new contract.

A source told the paper: 'Paddy's fed up with the way talks have dragged on. He thinks the club are taking the mickey and he feels unwanted.'

Newcastle's interest in Kenny comes as Arsenal and Tottenham step their interest in Magpies keeper Shay Given. The north London rivals are set to battle it out for the Republic of Ireland kepper who has made over 400 appearances for Newcastle.

too fucking right :icon_lol:

I too would be disgusted if we signed this Kenny fella. £5million? Fckn hell. He'll be worth less than £1million after one season. If was any good then he wouldn't be at Sheff U for 5 seasons or whatever, he'd have been snapped up. Paper talk, nothing else (i hope).