January Transfers

bawan

I didn't look to see if we had another thread like this, if we have please feel free to delete this one.

Man City agree Bridge Fee. £12m

Post the latest transfers in this thread :icon_lol:

Wigan have been given the green light to sign striker Hugo Rodallega after the Colombia international was granted a work permit.

The 23-year-old is now poised to complete a £4.5m move to the JJB Stadium from Mexican club Necaxa.

Manager Steve Bruce told the club's website: "This is great news. The transfer is not finalised but this was a major stumbling block.

"We are very optimistic about this going through, hopefully this week."

Rodallega, who has won 21 caps for Colombia, has scored 15 goals in 36 games for Necaxa this season.

"He is strong and quick, with an eye for goal," said Bruce.

"If he is like any of the other South and Central American imports we have brought to the club then we have netted another gem."

Rodallega's arrival is sure to create further speculation about the futures of Emile Heskey and Henri Camara, both of whom are out of contract in less than six months and have been the subject of transfer rumours.

Camara had been linked with a move to Stoke but said: "I am happy to play for Wigan at the moment.

"My agent has told me that there are clubs in the Premier League and in Europe interested in me.

"Stoke is a good club but I don't know about any interest from them."

Whoever he plays alongside, Rodallega is confident he can adapt to the demands of the Premier League.

"They have a very similar style to all the teams there (in Mexico) - fast, strong, tough," he said of Wigan.

"Considering what I have and what I am going to learn, I will get to a team with high goals.

"I think you can adapt yourself to all the leagues. If the English league is not the best in the world, it is one of the best.

"It is a big challenge to me and I am mentally prepared."

Stoke have signed striker James Beattie from Championship side Sheffield United for a fee that could rise to £3.5m.

The 30-year-old has agreed to a two-and-a-half-year deal.

"James is a player who has a phenomenal goal-scoring record and I am delighted to have him here," boss Tony Pulis told the club website.

"He has averaged more than a goal every other game for Sheffield United, and he has a proven record of scoring in the top flight."

Pulis added: "We have signed two fantastic players in Matthew Etherington and James, but we are still looking for two or three more before the closure of the window."

Beattie said he was happy to be returning to the Premier League.

"I've been brought up to score goals," said the former Everton and Southampton forward.

"The gaffer has been great with me, outlining what he wants me to do and what my role will be within the team.

"I'm definitely ready to give the Premier League another crack and I'm delighted with the opportunity.

"Stoke City have given me that and hopefully I can show the fans what I can do straight away."

Beattie joined the Blades from Everton in 2007 and scored 34 goals in 18 months for the Yorkshire side.