Games left for bottom half teams

Happy Face

I am far from convinced that we are going to do it.

People continue to talk about these three home games that are the ones that will keep us up but with only 4 home wins all season, and only 6 in total, I just cannot see us winning 3 in a row at home.

Our record against our fellow strugglers is what is taking us down so again it does not fill me with any confidence, whilst you can highlight several games throughout the season when you look at the fact we are chasing Blackburn, Hull and the Mackems all of whom took points from us at St James Park and had they not we would be sitting above each of them.

Once again on Saturday we looked very, very average. Yes we were missing the likes of Barton, Viduka, Martins and even Enrique who I believe would make a difference but those on the park (besides Beye and Bassong and perhaps a fit Owen) looked such an average team and no better than the dross around us.

I still pray we do it but I don't have much hope...

I've been saying that for ages. When was the last time we won three home games in a row? And when you look at our results this season we failled to take full points from any of Blackburn, Wigan, Hull, Stoke, Wist am, the scum, citeh or everton (ok the last two we played a significant part of the game down to ten men) and struggled to beat Spurs, Bolton and West Brom (comfortably the weakest team in the league). The only game we have won and looked good was against Villa.

You can look at the run ins of the likes of Hull, the scum and the kidde fiddlers and wonder where the points will come from we look no better. I can see a record low points keeping teams up this season but I fear it won't be us.

We took 6 points off them and yet we are only 5 ahead of them. We really are shit and if we go down we deserve it...

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we / shearer are going to be lucky!

The injuries will clear up allowing shearer to hopefully pick our strongest team. This will produce a win followed by a confidence fuelled run of form that will carry us home.

Maybe even this Gonzalez geezer will add a bit of crativity to midfield.

It's deffo the injuries clearing that will make the difference, not any great antics in training.

We just need hope that shearer can pick a team AND make the tough choices regarding midfield and attack.

I wish i could be so optimistic :D