Games left for bottom half teams

Happy Face

Yes I think we are. When our you see Stokes home record that suddenly looks like anything but an easy win and we're basically basing our hopes of survival on three home games in a row against Fulham, Portsmouth and Boro. But when was the last time we won three home games in a row. We have failled to beat Stoke, Hull, Blackburn, The Makems, Citeh, West Ham and Wigan at home this season (hardly any of the Premiership big names there) and struggled to get past WBA and Bolton (and the that was when we had Keegan) so I'm not at all confident of winning those games.

When you look at some of the other teams fixtures they look tough too but unless someone stays up with the lowest points total ever (by a long way) I just don't think we will amass enough points.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Stevie

I reckon we'd be gone completely in every sense if we hadn't won at WBA in hindsight. I rate our relegation prospects at 50%.

Yes I think we are. When our you see Stokes home record that suddenly looks like anything but an easy win and we're basically basing our hopes of survival on three home games in a row against Fulham, Portsmouth and Boro. But when was the last time we won three home games in a row. We have failled to beat Stoke, Hull, Blackburn, The Makems, Citeh, West Ham and Wigan at home this season (hardly any of the Premiership big names there) and struggled to get past WBA and Bolton (and the that was when we had Keegan) so I'm not at all confident of winning those games.

When you look at some of the other teams fixtures they look tough too but unless someone stays up with the lowest points total ever (by a long way) I just don't think we will amass enough points.

That assumes we get nowt from the other 6 games though.

We've thrown away all the points you mention, but we've also picked up points off Villa, Man U, Everton and Chelsea. And the last 3 were all away from home so it's not a forgone conclusion.

Guest Stevie

Happy Face seeing as though as your a sad cunt from South Shields with more time on your hands than me, conduct the following experiment. Put last seasons results in the BBC predictor and see how the table ends up assuming WBA as Birmingham, Hull as Derby and Stoke as Reading.

Happy Face seeing as though as your a sad cunt from South Shields with more time on your hands than me, conduct the following experiment. Put last seasons results in the BBC predictor and see how the table ends up assuming WBA as Birmingham, Hull as Derby and Stoke as Reading.

That's a good one.

I'm on it.

:lol:

Portsmouths position in the final table highlights the falibility of the experiment though.

Indeed, but how funny would it be if the mackems went down with us 1 single, solitary place above them, i think the residents of Sunderland would simply explode en masse to be honest!

Portsmouths position in the final table highlights the falibility of the experiment though.

Indeed, but how funny would it be if the mackems went down with us 1 single, solitary place above them, i think the residents of Sunderland would simply explode en masse to be honest!

I think I would wet myself if they went down and we stayed up on Goal difference

• 2 weeks later...

Coming fixtures...

Blackburn v Tottenham, 12:45

Bolton v Middlesbrough, 15:00

Hull v Portsmouth, 15:00

Newcastle v Chelsea, 15:00

West Brom v Stoke, 15:00

West Ham v Sunderland, 15:00

Couple of six pointers there like. Wouldn't bet against us dropping to 19th.

• 2 weeks later...

I reckon im a bit late to this party but without being DELUDED our possible wins and draws in my opinion are:

Spurs: Win

Portsmouth: Win

Liverpool: Lose

Middlesbrough: Win

Fulham: Win

Aston Villa: Draw

But what i think we'll get:

Spurs: Draw

Middlesbrough: Draw

Not looking good lads, if we go down i'll be in a horrible mood for the whole of next season

I reckon im a bit late to this party but without being DELUDED our possible wins and draws in my opinion are:

Not looking good lads, if we go down i'll be in a horrible mood for the whole of next season

9 points would keep us up. I honestly can't see Hull winning two games.

9 points would keep us up. I honestly can't see Hull winning two games.

I do too. And I think the Mackems may only get another three or four points. That'd keep us up too. Also, Boro have a horrible run in. So, I don't see them getting much more either.

With all legs, toes, arms and figures crossed, all the while banging my head on wood three times ... we may just stay up.

I predict we get a point against Spurs.

The battle will be won or lost based on our 3 home games imo. Any away points are bonuses.

We beat Pompey, Boro and Fulham or we go down. If we beat Pompey and Boro and do get the point at Spurs, which I can see happening if we play a little more like NUFC 2nd half against Stoke rather than 1st half, Fulham won't loom so large any longer, depending on other results.

But for sure, anything but a win against Portsmouth will be the signal for true panic. Considering they're the same side we trounced 3-0 away, I have to look at that game as a target we can achieve.

I am far from convinced that we are going to do it.

People continue to talk about these three home games that are the ones that will keep us up but with only 4 home wins all season, and only 6 in total, I just cannot see us winning 3 in a row at home.

Our record against our fellow strugglers is what is taking us down so again it does not fill me with any confidence, whilst you can highlight several games throughout the season when you look at the fact we are chasing Blackburn, Hull and the Mackems all of whom took points from us at St James Park and had they not we would be sitting above each of them.

Once again on Saturday we looked very, very average. Yes we were missing the likes of Barton, Viduka, Martins and even Enrique who I believe would make a difference but those on the park (besides Beye and Bassong and perhaps a fit Owen) looked such an average team and no better than the dross around us.

I still pray we do it but I don't have much hope...

I am far from convinced that we are going to do it.

People continue to talk about these three home games that are the ones that will keep us up but with only 4 home wins all season, and only 6 in total, I just cannot see us winning 3 in a row at home.

Our record against our fellow strugglers is what is taking us down so again it does not fill me with any confidence, whilst you can highlight several games throughout the season when you look at the fact we are chasing Blackburn, Hull and the Mackems all of whom took points from us at St James Park and had they not we would be sitting above each of them.

Once again on Saturday we looked very, very average. Yes we were missing the likes of Barton, Viduka, Martins and even Enrique who I believe would make a difference but those on the park (besides Beye and Bassong and perhaps a fit Owen) looked such an average team and no better than the dross around us.

I still pray we do it but I don't have much hope...

I've been saying that for ages. When was the last time we won three home games in a row? And when you look at our results this season we failled to take full points from any of Blackburn, Wigan, Hull, Stoke, Wist am, the scum, citeh or everton (ok the last two we played a significant part of the game down to ten men) and struggled to beat Spurs, Bolton and West Brom (comfortably the weakest team in the league). The only game we have won and looked good was against Villa.

You can look at the run ins of the likes of Hull, the scum and the kidde fiddlers and wonder where the points will come from we look no better. I can see a record low points keeping teams up this season but I fear it won't be us.