Chopra answers his critics

zico martin

i think luque will play up front alongside owen if we play 4-4-2, with n'zogbia on the wing. if we play 4-3-3, he'll play wide on the left.

he is a striker that can also play out wide. i don't expect him to be much better than robert at tracking back mind - he'll probably be better used just behind owen in the same role rooney plays for england.

50200[/snapback]

No, he is a left sided attacking player who can also play out and out striker. Apparently.

I think you'll find Mr Souness will use Owen and Dyer up front with Luque on the left. Just my opinion.

50201[/snapback]

well from what i've read both souness and luque himself regard him more as an attacker than a midielder...

50206[/snapback]

HTL knows better though, obviously.

50210[/snapback]

I see, somebody doesn't agree with you so you patronise them with the 'they think they know better', cowardly childish argument.

Explain the 'better threat down the left from a proper player' comments. I'm waiting.........

dum di dum di dum dum......

waiting.........

waiting.........

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think luque will play up front alongside owen if we play 4-4-2, with n'zogbia on the wing. if we play 4-3-3, he'll play wide on the left.

he is a striker that can also play out wide. i don't expect him to be much better than robert at tracking back mind - he'll probably be better used just behind owen in the same role rooney plays for england.

50200[/snapback]

No, he is a left sided attacking player who can also play out and out striker. Apparently.

I think you'll find Mr Souness will use Owen and Dyer up front with Luque on the left. Just my opinion.

50201[/snapback]

well from what i've read both souness and luque himself regard him more as an attacker than a midielder...

50206[/snapback]

50210[/snapback]

I see, somebody doesn't agree with you so you patronise them with the 'they think they know better', cowardly childish argument.

Explain the 'better threat down the left from a proper player' comments. I'm waiting.........

waiting.........

waiting.........

50215[/snapback]

Like calling someone a nob you mean. I take it you know about Luque's best position than the playe himself and the manager who signed him. Well, actually I take you think you know.

50200[/snapback]

50201[/snapback]

50206[/snapback]

50210[/snapback]

waiting.........

waiting.........

50215[/snapback]

Like calling someone a nob you mean. I take it you know about Luque's best position than the playe himself and the manager who signed him. Well, actually I take you think you know.

50219[/snapback]

Like we all know Dyer isn't a central midfielder even though he thinks he is and for a time convinced Robson too?

Like people now seem to think Zog is a left winger because he's had a few games there despite him apparently being quoted in the summer claiming he's always played in the centre? Is that what you mean?

BTW I didn't call you a nob. I told you to stop acting like one. You read it but you clearly took no notice.

Bit of free advice anarl....slow down on the old keyboard or go take some lessons.

Edited by Howaythelads

A left-sided attacker plays down the left, simple enough to understand I would have thought.

50212[/snapback]

Like Robert, you mean? Thanks. You've got it at last. It's like pulling teeth, son.

50217[/snapback]

Weren't you arguing that both Luque and Robert were left-sided midfielders rather than left-sided attackers though?

HTL, I dont claim to know more than you and if luque has been signed to replace Robert rather than the hole left following bellamy departure I'll be disappointed ( and not only because its mean you ar right! :o ) I think the midfield personnel we have at the club could do the job but I fear we are woefully lightweight upfront, hence my assumptions earlier.

chopra was crap last night mind wasn't he?

HTL, I dont claim to know more than you and if luque has been signed to replace Robert rather than the hole left following bellamy departure I'll be disappointed ( and not only because its mean you ar right!  :o )  I think the midfield personnel we have at the club could do the job but I fear we are woefully lightweight upfront, hence my assumptions earlier.

50225[/snapback]

What's Chopra got to do with it like?

:o

HTL, I dont claim to know more than you and if luque has been signed to replace Robert rather than the hole left following bellamy departure I'll be disappointed ( and not only because its mean you ar right!  :o )  I think the midfield personnel we have at the club could do the job but I fear we are woefully lightweight upfront, hence my assumptions earlier.

50225[/snapback]

What's Chopra got to do with it like?

:o

50227[/snapback]

do you reckon one of the mods will rename this thread now as well then? seems to be the fashionable thing to do these days!

IF we had everyone fit, who reckons we'll play 4-3-3 for the majority and who reckons we'll play 4-4-2?

I think he might try 4-3-3 at home.

50231[/snapback]

With Luque as a left-sided attacker.

IF we had everyone fit, who reckons we'll play 4-3-3 for the majority and who reckons we'll play 4-4-2?

50231[/snapback]

With Luque as a left-sided attacker.

50232[/snapback]

Full back you moron :o

50231[/snapback]

Under Souness 433 = 451, and 442 = 460. FACT. Beeyitch.

50231[/snapback]

50235[/snapback]

It meant that last season a fair bit but it depends on the personnel at his disposal. He has a lot more attacking options when everyone is fit. FACTOMUNDO!

50231[/snapback]

50235[/snapback]

I don't think a 4-3-3 with a front 3 of Luque.....Owen......Dyer will turn into a 4-5-1.

50231[/snapback]

50235[/snapback]

I don't think a 4-3-3 with a front 3 of Luque.....Owen......Dyer will turn into a 4-5-1.

50238[/snapback]

Aha, so he is a forward then! :o

A left-sided attacker plays down the left, simple enough to understand I would have thought.

50212[/snapback]

Like Robert, you mean? Thanks. You've got it at last. It's like pulling teeth, son.

50217[/snapback]

Weren't you arguing that both Luque and Robert were left-sided midfielders rather than left-sided attackers though?

50223[/snapback]

You can label them whatever way you want.

What I was saying was that Luque was signed as a replacement for Robert. So whatever label you want to put on that feel free to do so. For myself, I don't care what you call them but to say someone is a 'striker' means a player like Shearer, or Owen.

Don't be a nob all your life, Alex.

50141[/snapback]

Case closed on that one anyway. :o

50222[/snapback]

Aye, glad we agree on that one.

50250[/snapback]

Finished polishing your rifle then :o

50212[/snapback]

50217[/snapback]

50223[/snapback]

You can label them whatever way you want.

What I was saying was that Luque was signed as a replacement for Robert. So whatever label you want to put on that feel free to do so. For myself, I don't care what you call them but to say someone is a 'striker' means a player like Shearer, or Owen.

50253[/snapback]

For me Owen and Shearer are totally different types of players, so I'm not sure I follow.

50225[/snapback]

At last, a proper reply.

I've been under the impression from the start that Luque was signed to replace Robert. If I'm wrong then I'll apologise for sure. Where did you get the idea he was signed to replace Bellamy?

Regarding the current midfield players. Counting Luque as a striker means we don't have the quality (assuming Luque is worth the fee) in midfield. Zog isn't ready yet imo, although I do see him becoming a really good player for us and it is true that I read somewhere he reckoned he was a central player, not an attacking left sided player.