The Next FM Challenge

Andrew

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Megson got the sack at the end of December the club in 17th.

However my first game was away to arsenal then away again to Liverpool in the cup. promising results I thought. a 4-2 lose followed by a 2-0 loss.

Bolton were currently on 15 games without a win. I managed to stretch that to nearer 20... A 1-5 defeat at home to Wigan did not help much...

I bought in Saha (2.5m) and just before the window shut Syarhey Kryvets (1.3m) at the recommendation of my ass man.

He changed my team around.

So after a month I finally managed a win at home against Blackburn and followed by Hull. Now just out in 17th.

about 12 games to go.

On about 20 games unbeaten in the championship, Bernie McAccadaccaspaccacracken is right, I'm pissing the league.

How is Sholagol getting on?

He has only managed 12 goals under curbs but has the highest rating in the league.

Krivets is a proper FM legend, outplays his own stats

I had him on FM08 but never on FM09 I don't think.

How are you getting on anyways?

Havent started a new toon one yet, still enojying the game I started a bit ago, in 2012 now

On about 20 games unbeaten in the championship, Bernie McAccadaccaspaccacracken is right, I'm pissing the league.

How is Sholagol getting on?

He has only managed 12 goals under curbs but has the highest rating in the league.

Still in the first season but I sold him to West Brom for a couple of million, got Adriano in on a free :baby:

Sold a whole bunch of players to give me some working capital (unrealistically I got to keep pretty much all of the money I made in player sales), got rid of Colo, sold Smith, Nolan, Barton all for a couple of million each.

Signed a few randoms for little money, brought in Helder Rosario, Buonanotte, Acosta, Laurito, Skjelbred and they're tearing the league up.

Rosario's close to double figures from centre back, Acosta and Buonanotte leading the league in assists and Adriano's got a brilliant record.

My defence of Davide Santon, Taylor/Bassong/Rosario/Kadar, Enrique/Bassong has kept more clean sheet than is feasbile, I've conceded about 15 goals in the league and I've played about 30 games.

which update are you running man? adriano on a free, still got bassong?

One of the first ones out :baby:

it'll be much harder when the new one comes out

Any suggestions for keeping "want away" players?

A few of my team are after moves to bigger clubs. I'm rejecting offers, but the contracts are running down over the next season or 2.

Not really. Sometimes making them captain can help but of course you cannot make them all a captain.

• 2 weeks later...
Nice little preseason morale booster against my yokel team:

2emg1fk.jpg

whats ur team

My Newcastle team ?

Harper

Enrique, Taylor, Coloccini, Lauren

Daniel Aquino, Stephen Appiah, Nolan/Guti, RTaylor

Ranger/Cardozo, Luca Toni.