Shearer ready to quit for West Brom

Jimbo

Sitcking with 4-4-2 when you're minutes away from relegation and all you need is one goal is pretty fucking hopeless tbh

I'm guessing that he thought half the squad didn't have the heart for a battle and he stuck on those he thought he could trust more to do a job.....

There are many, many elements to the make up of a good, or even great manager, and I must admit I have huge reservations about Shearer with many of them, I don't doubt for a second he knows what needs doing in terms of the structure of the squad and the character of the current personnel both on and off the pitch, but other than that, tactically, judgementally, I have some huge reservations about Shearer as manager, the lack of alternatives weigh in his favour, but that is hardly an endorsement of faith.

There are many, many elements to the make up of a good, or even great manager, and I must admit I have huge reservations about Shearer with many of them, I don't doubt for a second he knows what needs doing in terms of the structure of the squad and the character of the current personnel both on and off the pitch, but other than that, tactically, judgementally, I have some huge reservations about Shearer as manager, the lack of alternatives weigh in his favour, but that is hardly an endorsement of faith.

I think any manager thrown into that situation was going to struggle. Not making excuses for him but he needs time to learn his trade. Whether he should be doing that with us is a moot point of course.....the question is whether in the long term the gamble's on him worth taking. At this point in our history I think it is.

I'd much rather have a manager that has experience of getting out of this division, can stabilise the club and has had creditable Premiership experience.

Shearer's charisma and his gravitas with the fans is a massive plus granted, however some of his tactical decisions and choice of substitutions in the last few games of the season stand against him.

Someone like Paul Jewell for example would be a decent appointment to stabilise the current situation if a new buyer comes in.

Im with you on the thought that a proven manager with experience of promoting a club would be a better choice however no proven manager with any sense would touch this club under the current regime. In that respect then Shearer is our best hope for the short term at least.

This is the answer and Sima you need to realise how fucking far Ashley has dropped our club down the scale.

If we thought it was bad with fat Freddy hiring Souness, Roeder and Allardyce - they are managerial gods compared to the options we have under Cuntley.

Shearer, like KK still carries a reputation, a bit of respect.

As for the criticism of his subs, if you've only got shit and bread, what sort of sandwich can you make?